MOPAR Aftermarket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltcoliver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab Sunburst 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had my truck for 3 years now, I dont have a lot of ******* about it except the service department's need to nickle and dime me to death each trip and missed promises they made, but I expect that from every car dealer I have bought from. What I do hate is the fact I have purchased three aftermarket parts from the dealer . A taneau cover, hoop style steps and mud flaps. The cover has three support bars, two of which have broke for various stupid reasons which should have not have caused it to. (Snow was one, less than 8 inches). A step broke today as i used it to clean to roof. I am not a huge guy (5'8 165). How cheap is are their parts... never any support from the parts department

scoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sold, 2011 1500 5.7 sport sold, 2016 6.7 2500 4x4 sold, 2014 2500 5.7
Engine
In the past I have had better experiences buying my parts from "other" aftermarket manufacurers. Firts of all is price...MOPAR nerf bars were $800 at the dealer when I bought my 2011. I almost passed out!! VERY high quality nerf bars can be had for half that price in the "after market".

Mopar doesnt make most of those aftermarket parts. They pay companies to make them and put their logo on em but for some reason getting dealers to stand behind that stuff is like pulling teeth. However, getting Westin, Bully, K&N, AVS etc etc etc to stand behind their stuff is usually not that difficult.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I agree with scoose about buying aftermarkert stuff, but there should be some kind of warranty period on mopar branded products bought from the dealer

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Get with your parts dept and ask them about replacements. If not you can get aftermarket ones for the truck and save some money.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would think they'd have some type of warranty on their stuff. I'd be bugging them till they gave me an answer.

I've never bought anything from a dealership except a lug nut. I've always bought from other aftermarket places.