Mopar special edition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ultra Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 + procharger
Hey guys I need your expertise. I'm looking at a 2009 Ram 1500 that has a procharger installed and it's also lifted. The guy at the dealer insists that the procharger was factory installed (dealer install is what I would think not factory), but I can't find any info googled or otherwise. Per the carfax it was originally sold in Canada. Anyone have any ideas or is this guy simply mistaken. I could provide more info such as vin if that helps.
Thanks in advance. I really wanna pull the trigger and buy this truck, but I just need to know more first.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Agree, not a special edition, at best it was a dealer add on.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO I'd sure want to know a lot more about the history of the truck--maintenance records, whether it was raced, who did the install, mileage the charger was installed at and previous owner if possible.
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It doesn't say if that 68,000 is miles or Kilometers. There are a few progressive dealers that will install pretty well anything you want,so it could of been a dealer installed blower.We have a local dealer that's stuffing 6.4's into the smaller Jeeps or anything you'd like a 6.4 in,so it might of been a dealer install.But i'm like the other guys,it'd be nice to know how the truck was treated,as you wouldn't expect anybody having a blower installed to be easy on the truck.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
There is no agreement between Mopar and Procharger which means it could never be a factory install, plus the Procharger kit for the 4th gens didn't come out until 2010 so not much chance the '09 got one from the factory. Something to keep in mind with cross-border vehicle sales, there is ZERO warranty support from FCA, even potentially for safety recalls depending on how hard yourd dealership fights for it to be done.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It doesn't say if that 68,000 is miles or Kilometers. There are a few progressive dealers that will install pretty well anything you want,so it could of been a dealer installed blower.We have a local dealer that's stuffing 6.4's into the smaller Jeeps or anything you'd like a 6.4 in,so it might of been a dealer install.But i'm like the other guys,it'd be nice to know how the truck was treated,as you wouldn't expect anybody having a blower installed to be easy on the truck.

Where's here ? Dealer ??

OP
OP
U

Ultra Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 + procharger
The dealer is in....oh wait I bet you're gonna buy it before me...Lol. J/k it's in Evansville, IN. It is 68k miles. I've driven it a couple of times now. Just need to try and sell my van first. Get some extra money so I buy a hypertech programmer. Speedo is off by about 3 mph. And can tune it for premium Fuel since I'm pretty sure the supercharger needs it. The truck is quick! Lol

OP
OP
U

Ultra Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 + procharger
Thanks for the link to the build sheet. Didn't know where to find that.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dealer is in....oh wait I bet you're gonna buy it before me...Lol. J/k it's in Evansville, IN. It is 68k miles. I've driven it a couple of times now. Just need to try and sell my van first. Get some extra money so I buy a hypertech programmer. Speedo is off by about 3 mph. And can tune it for premium Fuel since I'm pretty sure the supercharger needs it. The truck is quick! Lol

NO, I wanted the link or info to the dealer that is selling 6.4 hemis in jeeps.......from Wild one's post.........

Only thing I am gonna likely be buying soon is a Challenger SRT 392.

OP
OP
U

Ultra Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 + procharger
Oh sorry after reading it again I see what you meant. Would be a bad ass jeep.

Last edited:

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was at the dealer last week drooling over one of those. Fantastic vehicle.

My advice to you...unless you want another vehicle payment...DON'T TEST DRIVE ONE !!!

Thursday, I went to the dealer I got my Ram from to look at one they had there. Only thing I didn't like about it was it was white with black stripes, and I ain't a big fan of stripes, but they did look ok on that car.

I wanted to drive it to see what kind of power it had & see if it would be enough, or if I needed more. Well, when one of the 3 salesmen that came over as I was looking at it offered a test drive....that was all it took. Big mistake on my part.

I seriously had a hard time driving it, as the accelerator & brakes were so much more responsive when compared to my Ram. I went to my house 3/4 of a mile away to make sure the chin spoiler didn't hit pulling in the driveway, and when we left and pulled out onto the main road, gave it a little gas...enough to get moving in the Ram but not really spin the tires......well, it roared to life and squatted down as it spun both rear tires easily and we were gone. 100 mph happens in no time if you get on it and stay in it a few seconds, and that was in street mode, not sport or race modes.

Ain't driven anything with that kind of power in almost 20 yrs. ME LIKEY !!

Now, I am trying to decide if I want the SRT 392, or the 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker.......with the correct options, the latter will be the same as an SRT 392 except for certain interior colors.

Will likely have to order it tho, as due to some back injuries, I can't drive one with a sunroof, and the only ones around here without one are way off on my required options/color list.

The Hellcat, altho it is awesome, is just:

1) too much HP for realistic use without getting into trouble
2) too lousy in the mpg range with daily driving
3) too much monthly payment (yeah, I can lease one, but I ain't giving them 18k for me to drive it for 3 yrs)
4) too much monthly insurance
5) I paid less for my house & garage than most dealers want for one

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reality is a ***** sometimes- At my age, want and need is a long way apart. :naughty::naughty:
Jay

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reality is a ***** sometimes- At my age, want and need is a long way apart. :naughty::naughty:
Jay

Your age ?? I'm 52, and hoping to retire in 10 yrs or less....and for me it's a pure want, and I want it !

TRCM
Just wondering how the sunroof relates to your back injury?

I have to sit fairly upright due to limited ability to bend my back, almost like in a kitchen chair, and doing so, even with the seat adjusted all the way down, my head literally touches the side of the headliner that covers the sunroof mechanism. If I lay back enough to clear the sunroof, then my hip & back start to bother me in about 10 minutes. Old age sucks !!

I can only assume that's what is under the bulge in the headliner, as on cars with no sunroof, the bulge isn't there, and I have plenty of headroom.

It doesn't matter if it's the Challenger or Charger, or the expensive seats or the cheap ones....I have the same issue with clearance if the sunroof is there, and I am only 5'9" tall.

Last edited:

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Got it. I cant remember the last time I was in a car instead of a truck or suv. I guess that would be a problem.