More problems on top of other problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
so was driving around with the ABS/traction control/esp-bas/srv 4wd lights on, now my check engine light comes on, at first no sweat. Next thing I know the thing is jammed in 4th gear and wont come out of it. My freaking dash board is light up like a Christmas tree. So I am visiting the in laws in Pennsylvania and I need to get back to north Carolina. Can't exactly do that with a truck stuck in 4th gear. This will be the 6th time in the past 3 months this truck has been in the shop. Its unbelievable. Ram trucks seem terrible, or maybe its just a lemon who knows. Gonna have to pay for a rental. <sarcasm> what a reliable truck .... </sarcasm>
:wtf:

Any freaking ideas on this one? I have the 4.7l v8... I thought this was a hemi problem?

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
sorry to see you are having problems. Bump for anybody with ideas

OP
OP
Adept

Adept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Well I got home at 2am in an old nissan beater. Thing is a 98 with 150,000 miles on it and more reliable than my 2010 dodge. I take excellent care of it and it doesn't return the favor. Unbelievable.

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds to me like the pcm has a glitch in it or the truck needs a new transmission or both.

I would ask the dealer to reflash the pcm just in case.

Also, the fact you have to pay for a rental really stinks. What ever the problem turns out to be it's a manufactures problem not yours.

Anyway good luck with the truck and I hope it's back on the road real soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock