More recalls?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
So I dropped my truck off at the dealer this morning for the side airbag recall. To come.to find out there is 2 for the side air bag 1 is to reprogram the modual and the second one they said they had no parts for. Then to come find out there is a recall on the steering column wiring harness. Has anyone heard of the I havent been on the forums as much as I use to but I still haven't seen anything about it.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
yea more recalls

last one i heard about is going to start on 9/9/15 or something in the future

check the one thread out where the guy is ready to buy a new 15 qc and the dealer wouldnt sell it to him - from a stop selling notice due to these recalls

he then verified it by trying to buy another qc from another dealer, they cant sell them because the recall is still in a future date and fiat hasnt actually addressed it yet

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had the side airbag recall done on 9/3. They also did a tsb flash on the PCM. I found this sticker under the hood.uploadfromtaptalk1441477734774.jpg

After they did the tsb flash my truck goes into MDS a lot less. Before it would go into MDS all over the place including a certain spot on my road every single time. It was really annoying. Now you really have to coax it into MDS and even then it kicks back to 8 cylinders much easier. Hopefully my mileage won't suffer too much.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just checked and this whole time I have never had a recall that was needed until now. It is the steering wheel harness...

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I got a postcard in the mail for a seat belt module recall, goes in Wednesday morning. Simple 2 minute flash I guess.

OP
OP
14hemiexpress

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
After getting my truck back apparently minr didn't end up having the steering wheel harness recall. I did get the pcm flash and the side airbag.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After getting my truck back apparently minr didn't end up having the steering wheel harness recall. I did get the pcm flash and the side airbag.

PCM flash is for what exactly? Is there a revamp on the MDS alone or are there details concerning this flash I can read up on?

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
PCM flash is for what exactly? Is there a revamp on the MDS alone or are there details concerning this flash I can read up on?
Good question. I took mine in for an alignment last week and it got a PCM update, as well.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would love to know this as well. Only thing I noticed was the MDS but that doesn't mean there isn't anything else different. The tsb listed on my receipt from the dealer is: 18-001-14 REVA.

Didn't find much when I googled it...

Last edited:

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My mds comes on alot too but the only side effects i've noticed is great fuel mileage, hope they don't reflash my ecm.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My mds comes on alot too but the only side effects i've noticed is great fuel mileage, hope they don't reflash my ecm.

When I went in for my last oil change the dealer had the PCM flash and the transmission flash available. I passed on both. Service writer said that he's heard mpg going down from customers after the PCM update--maybe has to do with the MDS?? Plus my transmission has been excellent, so I voted to leave well enough alone.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmmmm....i have a 2014 Sport quad cab and i haven't gotten any recall notifications.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I went in for my last oil change the dealer had the PCM flash and the transmission flash available. I passed on both. Service writer said that he's heard mpg going down from customers after the PCM update--maybe has to do with the MDS?? Plus my transmission has been excellent, so I voted to leave well enough alone.
Man I wish they had asked me, they just did it. Really starting to not like my dealer...

Fullmetal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have two recalls needed. Check this site: recalls.mopar.com and type in you VIN.

SlowRoller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recalls and TSB's are 2 different things. Hate to see TSB's referred to as a recall.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Recalls and TSB's are 2 different things. Hate to see TSB's referred to as a recall.

I know what you mean. On the other hand, I think some TSB's should be recalls but unless it is safety related, they rather just play the attrition game until you are out of warranty.

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I dropped my truck off at the dealer this morning for the side airbag recall. To come.to find out there is 2 for the side air bag 1 is to reprogram the modual and the second one they said they had no parts for. Then to come find out there is a recall on the steering column wiring harness. Has anyone heard of the I havent been on the forums as much as I use to but I still haven't seen anything about it.

Went to my dealer today and had the safety restraint recall done. He said theres a steering column harness recall as well, but didn't have the info or parts for it yet. he said I'll get a notice in the mail.