mostly for the newer R/T owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I went to TireRack to do some reading on the tires that came with the new R/T and they sure seem to be highly rated. My 14 Sport came with the SRA's which had a horrible rating (in 18000 miles I had no issues) but I am curious to see what the R/T owners have to say in regards to the oem tires. Mine have a total of 500 miles so far, I can say nothing obviously.:favorites13:

CF_Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
What are the tires that came on the R/T's? I had SRA's on both my 14 and now on my 16 (came with them) I never had any issues, good fuel mileage and definitely more grip on grass than a "summer/sport" tire.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had my Sra's up to about 40k before I swapped them out.

No issues.

lmeavtitn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Definitely deoends on how you use them. I work in the tire industry and have fun them before on my trucks. They are great on road and on dry pavement. They do okay in the rain BUT snow is a different story entirely.

I was driving a 2014 ram last year with those on it and I changed them out for something better within the first 1000 miles because it was winter and I wasn't getting anywhere.

CF_Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I generally find that all season tires are no good in the snow. In the winter I use Duratrac's, which are insane. In the summer I like a good combination of grip and fuel economy.

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
My sport came with the SRA's they did okay for the first 10K then the wet traction started to go down rapidly. I recently changed them out for Michelin MS2's at 19K, and the wet traction so much better the truck stays glued to the road and doesn't spin the tires when pulling out into heavy traffic.

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
the R/T's come with a funky named tire from Goodyear that eludes me right now

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll have to look to see what the dealer put on the R/T when I bought it.. I think they were cheap POS tires but I have gotten good wear so far except one that was wearing funny but this is from the truck not the tire being at fault..

Oh and I have about 20k on mine and they were brand new when I bought the truck new

Last edited:

klittle2222

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
I have a 14 model, as of right now I'm up to 22,000 miles on them. Well, except for one. Had to buy a new tire cause of a mystery something ruined my old tire. So I bought a cheaper one to replace it. It still makes me mad! I wanted to at least get two but at 14,000 then I wasn't gonna do that. But so far, I've had to rebalance once, they are wearing properly, fuel milage is still great and just so far a great tire.