My 2013 truck issues - to sell it or to keep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Kap1

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Thank you very much everyone for thoughtful responses!

Just got my truck back yesterday, all repaired for now...

So far, I'm very uncomfortable with the change of getting a new truck and just hope that all of the issue with existing truck are fixed... But you guys definitely helped me explore the options! I just can't justify loosing this much money and extending my payments on a new truck which I don't care for.

I will definitely get rid of the 3 Rd party warranty I have and maybe get Mopar warranty instead, not sure yet..

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Thank you very much everyone for thoughtful responses!

Just got my truck back yesterday, all repaired for now...

So far, I'm very uncomfortable with the change of getting a new truck and just hope that all of the issue with existing truck are fixed... But you guys definitely helped me explore the options! I just can't justify loosing this much money and extending my payments on a new truck which I don't care for.

I will definitely get rid of the 3 Rd party warranty I have and maybe get Mopar warranty instead, not sure yet..

So what was the eventual fix?

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is a lot of issues for your year and miles.

Most I've had wrong was a broken manifold bolt on my 12' with about 47k.

Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Kap1

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Some details of how my truck was repaired recently:

To refresh: few months ago i brought the truck because of Ticking/Knocking noise to dealer, they found broken manifold bolts, damaged lifter and rocker arm assembly which they replaced. Funny enough, before doing the repair, the service writer was like "do you really want us to Tear Down your brand new engine for these minor sounds??" - i'm like yes, and looks like it was a good call since they found defective rocker arm assembly stuff...

Now - check engine light came on few weeks ago, error code was something related to Air/Fuel proportion sensor, after replacing that, another error code came up with Cylinder Misfire, after they checked spark plugs, one or few of the spark plugs had "ash" under it - they replaced it but code remained there, then they traced it to a bad fuel injector for that spark plug - after replacing that fuel injector, all is good so far...

I wonder if these two may be related - after they repaired manifold bolts and rocker arm assembly few months ago...