My little helper...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Explaining things underneath the truck to my son and teaching him how to change the oil. Also explaining to him the dumbest place to squeeze an oil filter into....damn engineers.

Ahhhhhhh.....making memories.

Attachments

• 20150403_164530.jpg
    20150403_164530.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 162

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Keep doing it. He will be one of them kids that has to help his friends that were never taught anything except how to pay for a oil change.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
That's cool, and priceless. Mine is 16 and couldn't give a rat about turning wrenches. It's hard for me to understand.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Great way to bring up a child. Show them how things are done, how they can do them and they will be doing them the rest of their lives vs. relying on society to support them.

My grandson helping with the RV a few years ago:

PICT0663.jpg

His little cousin thought it was hilarious:

HappyLogan.jpg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Time well spent! The knowledge and relationship you foster now will pay huge dividends in the future. Nothing better than a man and his son spending time together---doing anything, hunting, fishing or working on trucks.
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My grandson called to ask for help with his dead battery. I told him how to check the battery and how to jump it so he could get home. I called him later in the day and asked how things went---he said his Dad gave him his AAA card and they came and put a new battery in for him, so much for a teachable moment
Jay

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish you all the best keeping your boy interested in spending time with you. Mine was interested until it came time to go do ANYTHING, then something was more important.
Sure breaks my heart I can't teach him the lessons I learned from my dad. They are days I will NEVER forget.

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pent
My son is going on five. I can't do anything out in the garage without him being apart of it. I'd rather not have it any other way. Sometimes it's frustrating, but it's something that I remember my dad and I doing every weekend out in the garage. By the time I was a teenager, I knew how to build engines for the local drag strip, and the local circle track guys. I used to have all the torque specs and tolerances memorized. Man........ Were has time gone.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I wish my dad new more about cars. He is the guy who paid for oil changes. I've learned a lot on my own though. My 8 month old twin boys will get to learn plenty about all kinds of things. Keep up the good work. I love the picture of him under your truck with you.

Reply from, I'm a Tapatalk junkie

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish you all the best keeping your boy interested in spending time with you. Mine was interested until it came time to go do ANYTHING, then something was more important.
Sure breaks my heart I can't teach him the lessons I learned from my dad. They are days I will NEVER forget.

I'm sure the day will come when he goes through the "you're so uncool" phase. I'm not looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice post crazy Pete.

Lol....I didn't catch that at first. You obviously know who I am on the "other" RAM forum site....not that I try to hide that anyway.