My new 2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandman15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L w/8sp & 3.92gears
Hello everyone!
I picked up my new 15 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab over Memorial Day weekend and at the time it had 3 miles on it when I took it for a test drive. The dealer I went to here in Las Vegas had this Ram discounted about $11,000 off sticker price and was able to find me 1.9% financing for 60mo. A deal I just couldnt pass up! So here she is just moments after I signed the papers:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 2,262
OP
OP
Sandman15

Sandman15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didnt think the tires looked right, so I replaced them with some 275/60/20 BFG KO2 AT tires from Discount Tire (sold the stocks on Craigslist) and also added a set of 4" oval stainless side steps too. Take a look:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 360
OP
OP
Sandman15

Sandman15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a close up pic of the tires, made a huge difference once they were mounted on the Ram. Look great and very quiet, just barely louder vs stock Goodyears.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,450

Neumie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 8a
Nice truck, mine is black. What kind of steps are those? How much if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
Sandman15

Sandman15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the steps off Ebay, $148 with free ship. They mounted up nice, I had to shim each mounting with 1 extra washer to make the side steps level/flush. They seem very nice quality and for the price it was a deal.
**Install was super easy, no drilling, no fuss, just simple bolt on in 3 spots each side. Again, I had to use 1 extra washer at each mount to make the steps level/flush, but no biggie.

Motivology

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Congrats on the new purchase! Got any plan for mods?

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Got the steps off Ebay, $148 with free ship. They mounted up nice, I had to shim each mounting with 1 extra washer to make the side steps level/flush. They seem very nice quality and for the price it was a deal.
**Install was super easy, no drilling, no fuss, just simple bolt on in 3 spots each side. Again, I had to use 1 extra washer at each mount to make the steps level/flush, but no biggie.

Nice truck, 2WD or 4WD?

I think those are the same steps I have, $130 or so. The steps themselves are impressive for the money. It's the brackets that are *****. They are gigantic and look awful and the mate the frame to the body with how they attach but I have not noticed any excess noise or vibration like when I put the SteelCraft ones on my wifes 4Runner. I am not a fan of removing US made large body mount bolts in exchange for weak chinese bolts which is what this kit calls for, or at least mine.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Beautiful truck, looking at that exact truck, white or silver :D

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice Bighorn! I have a 13 BH and I just love the chrome! (Those sport guys can keep their plastic bumpers...LOL!) :Big Laugh: Just kidding guys...all Rams look good! :favorites13:

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
Welcome! I'm from Vegas myself, but just moved to Texas recently. I got my truck at prestige up in centennial hills

OP
OP
Sandman15

Sandman15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone for the replies and comments! The side steps brackets are a little chunky, but look good and function fine....price was too good to pass up.
When I was shopping the Ram 1500, I looked at the Express model and the Sport .....the all body color was nice, but I actually like the chrome trim and the huge discount was the cherry on top.
I bought my Ram at Sahara Ram Dodge Jeep here in Vegas. Super smooth and easy deal. Plus they didnt charge me for the drop in bedliner, window tint or wheel locks that were on the "additional sticker" next to window sticker.
Mods?? Well, I did already add a K&N drop in air filter and the BFG KO2 tires.....and a shorty antenna from AutoZone. I like the looks of the Rough Country Smooth Pocket (no rivets) fender flares and would paint them white to match. And possibly the Mufflex mod exhaust with the Magnaflow muffler.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
You'll love the Magnaflow !

OP
OP
Sandman15

Sandman15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats what I have heard, the Magnaflow sounds great on the Ram/Hemi set up. I like the easy on/off with the Mufflex mod.
Right now, I am looking at the roll up tonneau covers and leaning towards the Access brand cover called the TonnoSport its a low profile roll up....found it online for about $225.

OP
OP
Sandman15

Sandman15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just ordered these for the Dash corner speakers to replace the stocks. I read reviews on many Ram 1500 owners and these seem to be the hands down winner:
* I might do the front door speakers after I install these, but from what I read....the dash corner speakers really help the sound vs stock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
Sandman15

Sandman15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quick pic of 2 changes I just did:
Shorty Antenna (AutoZone for $12 and works perfectly 100% reception)
Decal set for the hood (Ebay for $10) and it took about 20min to do both sides.
Take a look:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 68