My Shiny New 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maillemaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 2015 and it's got the Uconnect trial service. I downloaded the app onto my iphone and I can set off the panic alarm, lock/unlock the doors, and remote start the vehicle. It's pretty cool, but I don't think I'll pay to extend the trial service when it expires.

Medic4302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
wow very nice. make a day trip out of the camera install. maybe they will give you a rental to cruise around in for a few hours.

OP
OP
D

DrillerDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 2015 and it's got the Uconnect trial service. I downloaded the app onto my iphone and I can set off the panic alarm, lock/unlock the doors, and remote start the vehicle. It's pretty cool, but I don't think I'll pay to extend the trial service when it expires.

I called UConnect this morning, they STILL don't offer it in Canada. I think it's a joke. They told me they don't have the technology. It's running off cellphone towers is it not? Pretty sure we have cell phones up here now lol. My friends 2015 Chevrolet can do it, so my 2016 should be able to. I was looking forward to having my phone connected to the truck when I seen the apps section on my 8.4. My 2014 didn't have the apps section cause it wasn't available here so I when I seen it I thought for sure it was offered in Canada now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

DrillerDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow very nice. make a day trip out of the camera install. maybe they will give you a rental to cruise around in for a few hours.

They will be giving me a rental, already worked it all out with them. Hard to shop with no wheels.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
I called UConnect this morning, they STILL don't offer it in Canada. I think it's a joke. They told me they don't have the technology. It's running off cellphone towers is it not? Pretty sure we have cell phones up here now lol. My friends 2015 Chevrolet can do it, so my 2016 should be able to. I was looking forward to having my phone connected to the truck when I seen the apps section on my 8.4. My 2014 didn't have the apps section cause it wasn't available here so I when I seen it I thought for sure it was offered in Canada now.

I know, right? Ridiculous how it's not available here. I came from GM trucks (wife still has hers) and it was a nice feature to have.

I love my Ram, but this Uconnect thing really bugs me [emoji20]

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Congrats on your new ram,love that color on the sport cc.

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

All makes sense now...perhaps you should finish your profile so we know you are in Canada...might have been able to answer your question better that way. :favorites13:

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice truck, enjoy and watch for those moose.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
2 Huge Thumbs Up!! Love that Color!

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
4hrs from a city?? That is possible?!?! Holy crap.

tanktop

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, work was busy. Chrysler's partnered with sprint for Uconnect 3G connectivity, if the Canada does not have Sprint you won't have service. There is unofficial rumors from Chrysler reps that they're working to partner with more cell phone carriers, this may fix your issue.

OP
OP
D

DrillerDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Well if we go west its 3h to the closest city. East is 4h. Remote northern living :) we have already had snow, nothing to stay but it's falling. Lol

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8

Depends on your definition of a city. Is 1,000 people a city? 10,000? 50,000? 100,000?

If 100,000, there are places even in the midwest that are well over 4 hours from a "city." Using that number, my parents are technically 5 hours from a city, and they are only twenty minutes from an interstate.

Go out to Wyoming, and its even worse. Some people like it that way.

OP
OP
D

DrillerDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on your definition of a city. Is 1,000 people a city? 10,000? 50,000? 100,000?

If 100,000, there are places even in the midwest that are well over 4 hours from a "city." Using that number, my parents are technically 5 hours from a city, and they are only twenty minutes from an interstate.

Go out to Wyoming, and its even worse. Some people like it that way.

West there is 3 communities of 1000-2000 people then the city(100,000) east there is two communities of 1000-2000 and the city is about 75,000.

WaterBoy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie CC2500 Black Edition
Engine
Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, work was busy. Chrysler's partnered with sprint for Uconnect 3G connectivity, if the Canada does not have Sprint you won't have service. There is unofficial rumors from Chrysler reps that they're working to partner with more cell phone carriers, this may fix your issue.
Didn't know this. I wonder why Ram would have limited themselves by only going with one specific carrier? Especially one that doesn't cover anywhere except the US.

Magna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Didn't know this. I wonder why Ram would have limited themselves by only going with one specific carrier? Especially one that doesn't cover anywhere except the US.

And even then...not all of the U.S. Sprint has to be one of the worst carriers in the country.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

tanktop

Reaction score
Sprint was the cheapest price for data. I'm guessing because FCA gives you 3 years it was a negotiated deal for Sprint to continue. The rumor I heard (more than a rumor) about opening it up to other carriers is because the contract is set to expire (conjecture). If this is the case I bet Sprint will do almost anything to keep the contract, it's only 3G, so next to no real data us it's basically free money to Sprint.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome truck!
Congrats.