Name a mod you did that you ultimately regretted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaizeNBlue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spyder HID headlights.... should have spent the extra money and bought a set from The Retroshop.

RamWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i dont think ive had any regrets so far. ive messed around with my old used trucks an 94 ford. 2 second gen rams. ive learned from buying cheap ****. like flowmasters. gibson. tires. lights. components and such. since i bought my first new truck. ive put what i think to be quality products. with no issues

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Surprisingly, the mod that I should have never done was not to the truck, it was to my phone-----I put Matt at Moe's on speed dial :naughty::naughty:
Jay

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OEM Plastic molded mud flaps. had the rears on the truck, just for a couple of days. Read about the paint rub issue, on this forum, took them off to check and the plastic had already started to rub the clear coat.

Glad i found out about that issue, researching on this forum.
This one for big time. Got front and rears for my 2012. I just bought new tires, amd it was kicking up alot more road dirt and mud because of the more aggressive tread. Bought the oem mud flaps and it just tore into the paint when rubbing. At first i looked at it, and said "oh thats just dirt" then when i tried to rubb it off, it didn't come off. Got a little closer and it was bear metal. Pissed off, so i removed them .

Another regret was using plasti dip. I guess i didnt use enough to make a thicker coat on paint..then when it was time to peel, it was a mess. Pieces everywere, then goo gone just made it worse. After spending alot more time then i thought, i did get it all off. I think that was just more of a "me issue" in how to have mulple layers than anything else.

Final regret, getting 3 different sets of 3rd brake light LED bar under the tailgate. ***'ers would always blow an LED after 2-3 weeks of getting them. I really do like them, but it was just a hassle in the end.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk