Need to Disable DRLs, 2010 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan.d.barbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey how's it going guys? I hope I didn't post this in the wrong thread. Anyways, I need help deactivating my Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) on my 2010 Ram 1500. I am upgrading my headlights and plan to either have LED pods or regular LED bulbs for high beams. My trucks DRL circuit uses the high beam bulbs at a lower voltage to produce accent light. This is a problem because LEDs require less power to light, and they will most likely be lit to full brightness by the amount of power the DRL circuit sends, as if my high beams were on.. I have been asking this question on the Dodge Ram Facebook page and I still haven't gotten a clear answer. After calling the two dealerships in town, one of them said it was illegal to deactivate them (********), and the other dealership said they would charge me a $100 re-programming fee to do it!! Looking for any other possible solutions. Thanks guys!

jzales

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had my drl enabled on my 17 ram. Dealer charged me $40 to flash my bcm. I would think this would be the easiest approach. It took me 3 dealers until I found one that would do it. The process would be the same to disable them I would imagine.

OP
OP
L

Logan.d.barbee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had my drl enabled on my 17 ram. Dealer charged me $40 to flash my bcm. I would think this would be the easiest approach. It took me 3 dealers until I found one that would do it. The process would be the same to disable them I would imagine.

There are two Dodge dealers here in Colorado Springs, one straight up told me it was illegal to deactivate them. The other one made me pay $65 for them to fiddle with it for 45 minutes, just to find out that they actually could not do it and that the computer "locked them out"..

jzales

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Attached is a screenshot of the procedure I used to enable them.. As far as I know drl are not required in the US so I dont see how shutting them off would be illegal. The dealer actually originally flashed the code to have my low beams on as drl and I had to go back to have them changed to the parking lights so I know it is possible to shut them off with just a flash.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171108-094111.jpg
    Screenshot_20171108-094111.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 47