NEED HELP/ADVISE -Put diesel instead of unleaded gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have to agree with the previous post. Siphon it as low as you can get it and fill it back up with premium. It's the octane you're looking for.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

new_hemi14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I call SHENS, no way you would let your "friend" borrow a brand new truck.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
One post wonder posting in a panic and has not been back since first posting. Either he has if figured out or is trolling.

Little Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Easy,
Get a garden hose, stick one end inside your gas tank and then just start sucking on the other end spitting out all the gas and diesel

Can't use the old school method on new trucks. They have devices to prevent fuel theft.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I let my friend borrow my 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 5.7 Liter and he filled it up with 4 to 5 gallons of diesel. It is relatively new with less than 200 miles on it. I read somethings online that said "fill the rest of the tank up with unleaded gas" which I have half a tank I can fill with it.
Another said "dump the gas tank" but I contacted the dealership and that's going to cost me around $600 bucks. Anyone know if filling the rest of it up with unleaded will help?

Spend the money and have it done, Tow it to the shop where repairs will be made.

You afforded the new truck, you can afford to do this.
Cheaper, in the long run.

DO NOT attempt any repair or fix, by yourself.
No offense intended but the fact you asked the question, HOW TO, means you do not know enough, not to blow yourself to kingdom come.

As for letting a friend borrow a new truck, why the hell not?
It's just property, which can be repaired or replaced.

Though, it should be your friends responsibility.
He did it, let him be accountable for his actions.
Good "Life" Lesson there....

kennewbike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
TRUST ME when I say this is how you fix it. DO NOT drive or even start truck. You don't want this up further in the lines or in the injectors (Ive had to replace a few because of this). Siphon as much out of the tank as you can, then remove fuel line and turn key (likely have to do this a few times) to remove any remaining fuel. Then put fuel line back on and replace fuel filter. Your finished. :)

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1) it is true that diesel nozzles at gas stations are bigger. Some of you are assuming he filled at a pump. Often farms, ranches, businesses have their own tanks, often 3-500 gallon gravity fed where the k ly difference is the sticker on the tank denoting what is in it. I used to make a living delivering fuel like this.

2) drain it. If you can't do it yourself then you will have to pay to have it done.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk