Need to make a decision.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nickxxxr

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stopped down to the dealer to see what happens. They offered me 25k for my truck. That's pretty significant compared to other appraisals i got. But they would only offer me that for a used 2010 1500 crew cab with 60k miles on it. Needless to say i walked away. The monthly payment would of been 20 bucks more for a truck with 40k miles more than mine and no warranty. Not worth it imo.

My kids won't out grow my truck for a few more years. Ill worry about it than. Might as well stick with what i have make it the way i want and when i can afford it bump up to a 2500 series.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Xparent Green Tapatalk

OP
OP
Nickxxxr

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Btw it had the hemi. The first time i test drove a 4th gen with a hemi. Imho for how bad i wanted it, its not that much more brunt than my truck. Yeah it was a little quicker and pulled a bit harder, but for what i read about it i was expecting a significant difference in power. There isnt. Makes me ease up a little bit i guess. Sure i still want a hemi but the 4.7 isn't all that much worse.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
keep your truck and get one of these for the wife

2104c283.jpg

best thing we ever did (and this is our 3rd van). Kids fit GREAT in it!

Oh, I have a crew cab too - kids fit great in there too. LOL

OP
OP
Nickxxxr

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Id love to be able to afford a second payment but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. Truck and house kill every month.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Id love to be able to afford a second payment but that isn't going to happen anytime soon. Truck and house kill every month.

Well, you've got a long time before the twins are big enough to need more than a quad cab. Maybe hold off while you get your finances a bit more in order and really can get the "forever truck" instead of the "what I can afford right now" truck.

Don't be afraid of a trailer, either. Its nice to have something with a low floor that's easier to load or something you can load up the night before and then just hook up after work and go. My neighbor leaves his quad and camping gear in his enclosed trailer all the time and he's ready to go hit the trails at a moment's notice. Since he's retired he often does. Not that I'm jealous, because I'm not. Really. OK, maybe a little.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
well your in tough spot but it seems you have some time to work it out. I know that I went from a quad to a CC and I'm happy but I didn't mind losing the bed space. When your kids get older you will definitely want a CC...IMHO

suzukiquadrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 , 2004
Engine
cummins 5.9, 6.6 duramax
I would rather have a crew than a quad my quad cab short box needs the gate down to haul 3 bikes. so if my tail gate is already down i may as well have more cab space. This is why i want to upgrade to a 2500 crew cab long box so i can have bed and people space.

OP
OP
Nickxxxr

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would rather have a crew than a quad my quad cab short box needs the gate down to haul 3 bikes. so if my tail gate is already down i may as well have more cab space. This is why i want to upgrade to a 2500 crew cab long box so i can have bed and people space.

My next truck will either be a crew 6.4 bed 2500 or a crew 8 foot bed. Im planning within two to three years to upgrade. I wanna 8 foot bed and a crew cab but as fast as i know you can only get them with a diesel which is even more money. We'll see what happens down the road.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
What about a crew with a deck you could tie your bikes down to? Just a thought...

Edit: I meant sled deck, in your box...

Last edited:

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
I would go with the crew cab. I have one so I'm a little biased, but my kids, wife, and friends love it. Rode in my buddies quad 4 days ago, and I was so uncomfortable, I wont be riding in it again. It would be ok for car seats, but when the kids get a little bigger... good luck. If you need more bed space, how about a trailer?

OP
OP
Nickxxxr

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would go with the crew cab. I have one so I'm a little biased, but my kids, wife, and friends love it. Rode in my buddies quad 4 days ago, and I was so uncomfortable, I wont be riding in it again. It would be ok for car seats, but when the kids get a little bigger... good luck. If you need more bed space, how about a trailer?

I have a trailer that i Use when i have too. Its just i have been in trucks my whole life and for good reason. I have trucks so i don't have to hook up a trailer everytime i wanna do something. Ya know? Yeah maybe its just me but if i didn't wanna truck to haul stuff i woulda bought an suv. That's what i hate, there not real trucks anymore. Back in the 90s even midsized trucks had bigger beds than these. So what if i wanna haul 6 people and 6 1/2 ft of cargo all in a half ton truck. trust me if i had 50k to lay down on a truck it would of been a 3/4 ton only because you can get a crew cab with a standard bed. Even ford has f150 with crew cabs and 6.5 beds.

Sorry my rant is over.

Reaction score
Born,raised and currently reside in eastern Ohio
Ram Year
1999 quad cab sport 4x4
Engine
5.9 Magnum=360CI
I put a 6yr old,2 yr old an 9month old in the back of a 99 quad cab...Im actually impressed with the amount of room.When compared to some other truck of the same year....I would think the newer QC have more room etc...

OP
OP
Nickxxxr

Nickxxxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In my experience with an 08 and an 11 quad, the new ones seem smaller. That's with me actually sitting in the back of both. I never actually measured anything but ot feels smaller. That's also with me setting the drivers seat as if i was there driving.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The new quads are a bit smaller because the crew is a little bit bigger

jacsyl94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My last two trucks been crew cabs, just because of the space...i love them, especially my now 2500.