Need YOUR Input!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
So I recently got a 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4 Lonestar edition. Good news... I love it, bad news... I'm a modder.

I've already been doing a lot of research on things and already done stuff to it. Here's what I've done and already:

*Upgraded 6 speaker system to aftermarket speakers
*Installed HID system in low beams and fog lights
*Installed dark smoke taillights (it's the pearlescent black paint job)
*Tailgate shock on the way(so it drops and lifts smooth)
*Swing out storage box in the bed on the way
*Weathertech in channel window vent visors on the way

And here's what I've been toying around with the idea of doing:
*Air Intake to get some sweeter turbo whistle
*Smoked headlight housings(possibly led/projector upgrade)
*Considered exhaust for a nice sound but learned on the ecoDiesel forums that it would be too costly on a diesel truck
*Recently got the Idea of train horns
*Been considering a 2" levelling kit but I'm not sure I want it because if I haul something.... It might bring the rear down(but I rarely haul or tow)

SOOOOO as if I don't have enough on my plate, I'm looking for suggestions of things to do. I think my order of preference is exterior, interior and then performance. Don't be shy, I know you have ideas out there! I attached a pic of the new ride also in case it inspires any ideas :)

Attachments

• 20151030_231449.jpg
    20151030_231449.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 106

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Nice truck and mod list so far!

Next mods if I were you would be:
Leveling kit
Airbags for the rear
S&B CAI

Don't change the exhaust unless you do a dpf delete. Unless you take off the dpf there will be no sound change at all.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want the level, do it. You can always add air bags to the rear for ~90 bucks for the airlift 1000s to keep it from sagging.

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
If you want the level, do it. You can always add air bags to the rear for ~90 bucks for the airlift 1000s to keep it from sagging.

Airbags sound like a reasonably cheap and quick-ish mod. I've never known how that works. So I could level the front, then put air bags in the rear and won't have any rear end sag if/when I tow or haul?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Nice truck and mod list so far!

Next mods if I were you would be:
Leveling kit
Airbags for the rear
S&B CAI

Don't change the exhaust unless you do a dpf delete. Unless you take off the dpf there will be no sound change at all.

^^^^ This ^^^^

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Get rid of the god awful Goodyear tires (different wheels if you choose), change the running boards and if it is not already done, TINT!! That is the first thing I do usually within the first week of owning.

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Get rid of the god awful Goodyear tires (different wheels if you choose), change the running boards and if it is not already done, TINT!! That is the first thing I do usually within the first week of owning.

Tint is coming this week, I've just been delaying it because I haven't had time to sit in a shop and get it done but I need to ASAP. Get rid of the running boards huh? Any recommendations for something to look at? Why get rid of them... I thought they were pretty nice unless I'm missing something. Also why do you say that about the tires? I was sort of thinking that when these tires go, to possibly get a bigger size tire to get bigger more aggressive tread tires. Curious on your why's, I like the input!

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
Airbags like this? Will this prevent the rest sag from towing or loads? I don't have a lot of experience with airbags so any insight helps!

https://www.suspensionconnection.com/60818-ram-air-bags.html

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Debadge that rascal & the factory goodyear tires are lousy in wet conditions.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
This is the kit.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001O...+lift+1000&dpPl=1&dpID=41h-b9wkvcL&ref=plSrch
Fill with air if you will be towing or hauling and the rest of the time leave at 5psi and you won't even know they are there. Installation is pretty easy. I don't have this kit as I have factory air suspension but have had air bags on previous trucks.

Awesome, thank you. How do I fill them up? Portable air compressor?

Out of curiosity, what happens when you are doing everyday driving and they are filled?

OP
OP
jgruberman

jgruberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0L
nice job so far... debadge her!!

Thanks! What all does the debating consist of? I see people saying to do it, just so there's a cleaner look?

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Don't be shy, I know you have ideas out there! I attached a pic of the new ride also in case it inspires any ideas :)

I'm a practical guy and in my opinion you can't go wrong with horsepower, suspension and tires. For comfort I like all windows tinted and a nice exhaust. That's it :)

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome, thank you. How do I fill them up? Portable air compressor?

Out of curiosity, what happens when you are doing everyday driving and they are filled?

Just gives the rear a little lift and rides rougher. I used a portable compressor with built in psi gauge. I actually set it to what psi I want and hit go and it fills to set psi then turns off. Works awesome.
Here's the one I have although there are less expensive ones out there. Works great for bike tires as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002Z...AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=slime+air++compressor

Last edited: