Nevada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys for some of you who recognize me im from Nevada and i found this amazing 2015 ram and i just got to have it. now with my last trip to a dealer i got screwed bad and i dont want it to happen again. any advice when shopping this expensiveusermedia.jpg

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Not sure what you're saying or asking? Are you asking if it's a good deal? If so, a lot of information is missing.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
is that a custom decal on the side or a new model?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go to Dennis Dillion or dave smith in Idaho-
if your in Nevada you can't be that far away and no one in any surrounding state will match their price. -

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Desperation and a "got to have" mindset is a salesman wet dream of a customer.

Only advice I got is just do your homework and be able to walk away from any deal you are not comfortable with. Also, does not matter how good of a deal you get, someone will rain on your parade and tell you theirs was better.

Lastly, that truck pic you posted is fugly with that "NEVADA" labeling on the side. That is a tell tale sign there is cheap dealer installed overpriced options being labeled as a package that will mean zero worth at trade in time.

Good luck.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Desperation and a "got to have" mindset is a salesman wet dream of a customer.

Only advice I got is just do your homework and be able to walk away from any deal you are not comfortable with. Also, does not matter how good of a deal you get, someone will rain on your parade and tell you theirs was better.

Lastly, that truck pic you posted is fugly with that "NEVADA" labeling on the side. That is a tell tale sign there is cheap dealer installed overpriced options being labeled as a package that will mean zero worth at trade in time.

Good luck.

Agreed ^^^, when you start seeing weird decals, they will tell you crap like " PAINT MATCHED BRANDING " - $1,599. Wheel locks - $599, etc, etc. Just leave them alone, the best way to not get ripped off, is to invest in it. When I buy my cars, I put down 25-30k, i do this because that's a LOT of cash, and it's hard for me to part with. So when I go looking for a car, I always am able to actually not want to jump at the first thing i like. IT's a self preservation thing for me, if you can't affrod that kind of cash, go lower, any amount that would make you think twice would work :)

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so what im asking is what kind of tricks have dealers thrown you guys that are total B.S. but they know how to make it sound good to be honest im afraid of dealerships now ill post a link to this truck to shed some light on this truck

Used 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie For Sale | Fernley NV

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
so what I'm asking is what kind of tricks have dealers thrown you guys that are total B.S. but they know how to make it sound good, to be honest I'm afraid of dealerships now ill post a link to this truck to shed some light on this truck

Used 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie For Sale | Fernley NV

Are you prepared to walk away from it if you don't get what you want? What's your budget?

Personally, I'd pay no more than 40k for that truck, offer them 36, don't feel bad, then let them come back and say " 48 ", then say at that point, I'm in need of a new truck, the most I'll do is 39, then go from there, don't plan on paying more than 40 and you're good :) , this of course is just me, I like to let them know after I've made an offer I'm in " need " of a truck, to give them some idea that I'm a serious buyer. However, I WILL walk away, will you?

Edit : make them throw in a spray in bedliner too, it costs them hardly nothing. Don't do it until they've accepted your price though :)

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks guys ill be looking at other dealerships soon and ive heard of those dealers on the radio so ill look into it because to be honest im just a kid who doesnt know what a good deal is. thats how i ended up paying so much for my 2011 Hemi

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks guys ill be looking at other dealerships soon and ive heard of those dealers on the radio so ill look into it because to be honest im just a kid who doesnt know what a good deal is. thats how i ended up paying so much for my 2011 Hemi

What's your budget? And kid? How old are you?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
devin, price out a new truck, maybe an outdoorsman with the 6.4. i would bet you could get it for less than the asking price they want for a used truck.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
devin, price out a new truck, maybe an outdoorsman with the 6.4. i would bet you could get it for less than the asking price they want for a used truck.

That method is a bit " meh", at that point the person is settling for something because of cost, and not what they want. If he wants this nevada thing, he should set a budget, and be prepared to walk away. Not price match something that's not exactly what he wants. your logic works, but not in a situation when you've found something " unique " like this.

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see what you guys are saying my budget is about to change due to a possible change in career with more pay thats why im Looking at 3/4 tons coming from a half ton and i exactly havent planned a budget because i want to see what cost what and what im going to need a 6.7 is at the highest price of my needs i do like the 6.4 but i definetly like the idea of a million mile vehicle that is comfortable for my future family (fiance has baby fever) so i know what im looking for in regards to intior and towing capacity and gear ratio. i just want to be just as prepared for anything a dealer throws at me with confidence if i could go back in time id laugh at the dealer that through me all the B.S.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see what you guys are saying my budget is about to change due to a possible change in career with more pay that's why I'm Looking at 3/4 tons coming from a half ton and i exactly have planned a budget because I want to see what cost what and what is going to need a 6.7 is at the highest price of my needs I do like the 6.4 but I definitely like the idea of a million mile vehicle that is comfortable for my future family (fiance has baby fever) so I know what I'm looking for in regards to interior and towing capacity and gear ratio. I just want to be just as prepared for anything a dealer throws at me with confidence if I could go back in time id laugh at the dealer that through me all the B.S.

Personally, I feel like that is the wrong way to do it. You always need to know exactly how much you're willing to spend. That's the most important, even if it's unrealistic. For instance, say you're willing to pay 40k for THESE options, then list the options. Find the truck with those options ( NEVADA ) for example. Pitch them 5 - 7 k less than your budget, then work up to that budget amount. This way, you'll have little remorse. I was in the same boat as you, but I already have two kids. I wanted a 2500 Diesel, then I drove it, hated it, and wanted a 6.4. I went to a dealer looking for it, and came across a 1500 I just couldn't pass up, the deal was to good. My budget was 50k OTD, but I ended up paying 38k OTD with all of the options ( and much more ) than I wanted. The only thing I personally skimped on was the 6.4 Hemi, I don't regret it, though. Without a budget, and the willingness to walk away, the dealer will win, Promises!