New 2010 Ram Laramie, and I'm lost!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rossiskier78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked up my 2010 Ram Laramie a little over a week ago, currently at the dealership fixing a small list of issues I had. Hopefully all my minor issues are over now but anyways I have been creeping around the forum since the day I picked up my truck. The list of things I want to do keeps growing!

Why I am posting is that I feel so lost with this truck, I have only owned GM's besides my stray Subaru I had. I never once had an issue tearing into my past GM's, especially my 11 Sierra I traded in on the Ram.

Even simple things like changing my interior and reverse bulbs to LEDs are giving me issues. Sounds simple, guess I am worried about bulb lengths and such and not knowing what fits.

Maybe its because I still don't know a damn thing about these Rams, maybe its I haven't torn anything apart on my Ram yet! Hopefully this all changes once the warmth of spring arrives!

I know I sound like I am rambling but this feeling is all new to me! I'll shut up for now! Ha

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
R

rossiskier78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Owning a dodge is not like owning a GM, it's a quality product, and all the electronics can certainly cause you to say WTF.

Also, as a side note, the following bulbs will replace your map lights :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G1MS2BY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have them, they are indeed extremely bright, like, too bright sometimes : )

good luck with the new truck, we need pics !

I still highly enjoy my simpler times with my GMs but trying to give Dodge a chance. I normally don't keep vehicles over 2 yrs so I figure a 2 yr test drive. But sure have had a bunch of WTF moments already!

Hopefully I start to learn quick!

Thanks for the link! That helps out greatly with something super simple I shouldn't have issues with!

ShirtPants!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm in the same boat as you I came from VW due to dieselgate. My VW dealership had a 2011 sport with the 5.7l, I've wanted a Ram for pretty much my whole life but couldn't afford one and VW payed for almost the whole thing lol! VW's are hard to work on because of all the computer crap they have, I wanted to get mine tuned but it seemed like a nightmare to do it so I didn't, everything trips the CEL. Not to brag but this truck is so easy to work on compared to my Golf, and it's cheaper. For example I was curious about the price for a new engine for my Golf (nothing wrong just was curious) the engine in the Golf was almost $15000 compared to $7000 for the Hemi someone correct me if I'm wrong. As for learning about working on something new I just have to do it to learn about it.

The DodgeFather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Owning a dodge is not like owning a GM, it's a quality product, and all the electronics can certainly cause you to say WTF.

Also, as a side note, the following bulbs will replace your map lights :

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G1MS2BY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have them, they are indeed extremely bright, like, too bright sometimes : )

good luck with the new truck, we need pics !

Do they have these in orange or amber ? What is part number I found some but not sure they will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk