New 2016 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csvt18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

Excited to be here. Leasing a 2016 ram and very excited about it. Anyways. I have family that works for GM and Ford. Of course, none that work for Chrysler. Not even close friends. I am in search of a family and friends discount PIN number I can turn into the dealer. I am excited to be driving a Ram and love supporting an American truck. If anyone at all can help me out I'd be greatful. Message me or email works. Thank you everyone and I look forward to posting pics!!

Jeff

OP
OP
C

csvt18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any forum members that wanna help out and be a friend? :)

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Welcome to the forum!

Haven't heard about a discount Pin, but someone else may respond.

From my Up All Night Sleep All Day Gs7 on Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

csvt18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It will have to be a Chrysler employee or someone that knows someone. I have family in Ford and GM but of course not Chrysler. :(

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The friends and family thing gives you 2% under invoice +$75 and there is no negotiation. In years past it was a decent deal, especially if you didn't like to haggle. In the last couple years, the discount anyone can get by negotiating and shopping just a little is more (unless its a popular model without large discounts).

I've used the friends and family thing before, and the code is associated with a person's name. An eligible person asks for discount code through their company contact. The dealer will double check the code against the name in their data base. A person can only get one a year or two depending. Its not the same thing the Ferd and Cheby plans where the discounted price varies a lot from model to model.

There are a lot of companies that supply parts and employees of those companies also are eligible for friend/family discounts, you don't have to work for FCA directly.

Last edited:

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm a retiree now and the discounts are good but not great. Best to negotiate your best deal and then present the employee discount. Salesperson may be a little ticked

OP
OP
C

csvt18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The friends and family thing gives you 2% under invoice +$75 and there is no negotiation. In years past it was a decent deal, especially if you didn't like to haggle. In the last couple years, the discount anyone can get by negotiating and shopping just a little is more (unless its a popular model without large discounts).

I've used the friends and family thing before, and the code is associated with a person's name. An eligible person asks for discount code through their company contact. The dealer will double check the code against the name in their data base. A person can only get one a year or two depending. Its not the same thing the Ferd and Cheby plans where the discounted price varies a lot from model to model.

There are a lot of companies that supply parts and employees of those companies also are eligible for friend/family discounts, you don't have to work for FCA directly.

That's what I'm looking for. The friends and family. My mistake if I thought you had to work for Chrysler directly.

OP
OP
C

csvt18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know the people can use this up to 6 times. I'm looking for someone who will become a friend for that purpose :)

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So you are leasing now and looking for a way to reduce your cost, not thinking about getting into another truck?

Last time I used a discount 5 years ago, the vehicle title had to include the name assigned to the code. They do their best to discourage stealing discount codes. So you need to be pretty close friends.... or a spouse.

So my advice would be to find someone working for FCA or one of their suppliers and marry them :)

It may be easier and less expensive to drive out of the lease and negotiate a better deal, or buy one from Denis Dillan. Depending on your travel cost, you could end up saving thousands over a friend/family discount. That doesn't help you if you are going to stay in your lease.

Last edited:

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was recently negotiating a deal and then presented a code..... the deal I negotiated was better with the incentives and the dealers 20% off on 2016 models... it was about $200 better. Not sure it's worth it.

OP
OP
C

csvt18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was recently negotiating a deal and then presented a code..... the deal I negotiated was better with the incentives and the dealers 20% off on 2016 models... it was about $200 better. Not sure it's worth it.

Well the price I negotiated is with the family and friends deal. Not an employee discount.

Nobody can help out? :(

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Welcome to the forum!

You'll find a very hard time finding someone to do that with. You probably won't. They can get in trouble for it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a retiree now and the discounts are good but not great. Best to negotiate your best deal and then present the employee discount. Salesperson may be a little ticked

Same idea when they ask if you have a trade in,say no until deal has been basically made,then you HITTEM WITH THE HHHHIIIINNNNNNDDDDDDDD!!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
always negotiate the deal before letting the no you have a trade.