New 2016 Ram Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TarPaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Black Edition 1500
Engine
Hemi V8
Wow...

its a beauty...lots of luck pal

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a '16 sport crew 4x4 also...mine is white though. I'm currently in the same boat. I put the bils on my truck when I first got it to level it and some beefier tires. But, now I want an actual lift and slightly bigger tires. I plastidipped my stock sport wheels and used the glossifier too, that actually came out real nice and completed my storm trooper look. But, I'm still ready to lift it more lol. 4x4 lift kits are crazy expensive compared to lifting a 2wd unfortunately..

I havent seen too many platidipped wheels that last. Around town you can see where its chipping around the edges. Is this common for you as well? Powedercoating the wheels isn't cheap, why I ask.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
FIRST THANK YOU for your service! Congrats on your new truck

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice Sport.....& my second favourite colour.

...and thank you for your service.

didithepest

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Night
Engine
I just got home from a deployment a couple weeks ago and had the Ram waiting for me. Next day after getting home I bolted on a Flowmaster. Day after that I Plasti coated the wheels and letters. I traded in my 2wd Ram Sport for this one.

The 2wd was great but I bought a house back in Aug and spent a couple weeks working on the house listening to country music all day because it came in clear on the radio. But after a a couple weeks I had a overwhelming desire to get a 4wd to lift. ha ha!

Now that I have it I may increment toward the lift. Probably put some Bils on it to level it then after few months see if I want to do more.

Really happy with this one. MSRP was $54300 I got it delivered to my house from SC to Savannah for $41700. Woo hoo!

Hey Brother , Did you used MILITARY sale while deployed of bought it when you got home? Also what color is that?

OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just read and talked to truck owners that said they had the plasti coat for two years with no probems. Figureed give it a try. Some say powder coat makes the wheels weaker. I have no idea. Probabley keep hand washing it.

The color is called granite mettalic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RoadKing

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
How fo you like the Bils. I want the lev look but i do not want the ride to get too bumpy, tighter sounds good but if its bumpier i am not sure.

I read some say their ride got to stiffer some say way beter etc. hard to tell whst people mean by better.

Most if my friends have Fords and too me stock they are just too bumpy. Chevy too soft. Ram perfect.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I have bilsteins set at 2.1 on my truck and I don't think the ride quality has suffered at all

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Looks great. Congrats. Thanks for your service and sacrifices, welcome back to the greatest country on earth, one that your efforts help to keep free.

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn that truck sure looks good!

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on the new ride-nice. Better stop listening to country music or the mods could bankrupt you :crazy:

hankRam2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bad ass! Will look even bette pro with bills congrats

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Beautiful rig... thank u for your service sir!