new 2017 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dproctor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well I have a little over 2000 miles on my new 2500. Love it so far. I put in the upper glovebox, added at bed mat, Husky floor liners and coverking rhinohide seat covers. Very few complaints. Squeaky belt at idle. But the worst thing is the tires. It originally had a highway tread Firestones on it and I had them switched with a set of Firestone Transforce AT that they had as takeoffs. These tires are scary! Keep in mind I live in the Ozarks, Shannon County to be exact. I drive 20 miles a day on highway 19. It is fairly crooked and an old road that has been chip and sealed several times. So it is not the best twice I have went into corners a little fast and they let go and the truck slipped. It should have never have done that. My old 2500hd never did that. It is pretty scary!
Besides that I love my truck! But really those tires are dangerous!

Attachments

• Rojo.jpg
    Rojo.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 99

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Well I have a little over 2000 miles on my new 2500. Love it so far. I put in the upper glovebox, added at bed mat, Husky floor liners and coverking rhinohide seat covers. Very few complaints. Squeaky belt at idle. But the worst thing is the tires. It originally had a highway tread Firestones on it and I had them switched with a set of Firestone Transforce AT that they had as takeoffs. These tires are scary! Keep in mind I live in the Ozarks, Shannon County to be exact. I drive 20 miles a day on highway 19. It is fairly crooked and an old road that has been chip and sealed several times. So it is not the best twice I have went into corners a little fast and they let go and the truck slipped. It should have never have done that. My old 2500hd never did that. It is pretty scary!

Truck looks awesome love the single cab looking forward to future mods

4.7 v8
Hi flow cat/flowmaster exhaust
7 inch lift/5 inch lift
20 inch falken wildpeak at3/33's

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
BFG KO2 and never look back!!

Reactions: RWW

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I really never like the K02 AT tire. The tire contour makes the tires look round on the tread area. I am not a fan of that. My Nitto's where blocky, flat tread, loved that.

But they are popular for sure with the 1500 guys.

RWW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Minivan Motor

Did you get the 6.4 or the 5.7 engine? What kind of mileage are you seeing out of it?

OP
OP
D

dproctor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 6.4.
Right now I am getting anywhere from 14.5-16.5, that is better that my old 6.0. If I really worked and tried to get the best I could get, I think I could squeeze 17-18 mpg out of it. But I just drive the fire out of it sometimes.
It has good power, although all I have pulled so far is a camper.
I have always ran high octane gas also.
I really have no complaints on anything with this truck.

Reactions: RWW

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've got a 16 exactly like that. Except for recalls its been trouble free in 20k miles. After you get 7 or 8k on it mileage noticeably better. Drop tires to 60 and 50 rear for better ride and tire wear.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dproctor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
At what point do the tire sensors show low? I can't stand a low tire light all the time.

OP
OP
D

dproctor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You know... I thought i was going to have to order a truck to get the one I wanted. I think that is the prettiest truck I have ever laid my eyes on. But none of the dealers I looked at had one on the lot. You would think a dealer would try to keep a reg cab 2500 most of the time. Not everybody wants a 4 door.

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Front is ok at 60. Rears turn on about 72 psi or lower. I just live with the light. Some day I'll run across a programmer that will fix it.

BlkZrx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 SLT Std. cab
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Had to order mine..

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I love my 17 too. Great truck. I have about 1200 mi on mine. I have the at idle slight belt squeak too, but not bad.

I have no issues with the oem firestone transforce tires. Good luck. Love the reg cab long bed look!

BRETT sewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
nice truck getting the tire bug also aka new Firestone fears... might be an idea to get a 17 inch set of wheels and run fresh winters every few years and mile out the firestones on summer travels

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Front is ok at 60. Rears turn on about 72 psi or lower. I just live with the light. Some day I'll run across a programmer that will fix it.

Check out the Alfa OBD thread in the forums here. Adjusting TPMS is just a small facet of what you'll be able to modify/adjust. And no warranty-breaking programming, either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963