New here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome and congrats on the new truck!!!!! My suggestion would be, if the dealer did a detail on your truck before delivery I bet you doughnuts to dollars they did more damage to the paint than they helped it. It probably has swirls and small scratches all over. I would check the paint out and if necessary do a correction on the paint, including wash, clay bar, polish, seal and wax. This will also help protect your paint from the winter weather. If you like you can always read about ceramic coatings for your paint at autopia.org. A coating will last anywhere from 2-5 years depending on the coating, whereas a good sealant and wax will last about 6-8 months, and wax alone will last about 3 weeks.
Jay

Fbnmark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the notes and the heads up on 52 pages of mods under $100. Good read.

Vent shades, bug shield and mud flaps are ordered. Appt made for liner. Will research the fluid film idea.

Could really use some recommendations on running boards. I want to go with boards, not bars. Anyone have ideas and maybe pics. Thanks again.

Had the RAM tube type on my 12, the mounting system cracked the rocker panels on both sides. After fixing the cracks I found Iboards on Amazon that look good (imo) and mount differently.

OP
OP
David H

David H

USA RET
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had the RAM tube type on my 12, the mounting system cracked the rocker panels on both sides. After fixing the cracks I found Iboards on Amazon that look good (imo) and mount differently.

Thanks. I did order the Iboards. Will mount them this weekend and see how that goes.

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I did order the Iboards. Will mount them this weekend and see how that goes.

You got any pictures of the Iboards installed? Iv been considering them but can't seem to find any good pictures showing how they look installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
David H

David H

USA RET
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You got any pictures of the Iboards installed? Iv been considering them but can't seem to find any good pictures showing how they look installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a fire in the garage Sat. Lost the wife's new car. Been too busy to install them. Will get to them next week...maybe.

OP
OP
David H

David H

USA RET
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last edited:

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
What’s the catch can do and where does it go? Sorry haven’t seen this one yet..lol

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to the 4th gen forum. Picking up my 2017 Bighorn today and wondering where I should start with accessories. The no-brainers for me are...

Spray in bed liner.
Tonneau cover.
Mud flaps.
Bug shield.
Window vents.

We're up north so winter can be tough on trucks. Recommendations and advice on how to protect this investment are welcome.

PS Thoughts on wheel well flares like these??? Stampede Ruff Riderz Fender Flares - Stampede Rough Rider Fender Flares

Spray in bed liner is a must in my opinion. Tonneau as well especially if you live in a rainy/snowy area which it sounds like you do - I have the Extang Solid Fold 2.0 and love it.

Tint your front windows to match the rear. Truck instantly looks way nicer.

Add a level especially in your area with the snow. I installed a 2" level kit and couldn't be happier both functionally and aesthetically.

Running boards, side steps, nerf bars... whatever you want to call them. I have N-Fab nerf bars and they are awesome, I'd highly recommend especially if you do the level or a lift.

As for the flares, personally I just don't like the look of them but to each their own.

Have fun and welcome!

OP
OP
David H

David H

USA RET
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a pic of the iboard 6" irunner.

Attachments