New Look on my BigHorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
guardiannite

guardiannite

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodoge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks great! I too am looking to ditch the chrome on my Big Horn. Did you wrap or Plasti Dip the bumpers?

Thanks
Ryan

It's wrapped right now and I did an ok job of it. I ordered Plasti dip and will do that instead. 2 cans of white per bumper and 1 can of glossier should do it

As for the grill I'm going to factory paint it white and remove the vinyl as well

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Where did you get the vinyl?

Ryan

spiG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
How much did you need? I would keep the vinyl instead of plastic dip. It will never look as good as that. I mean from the pictures it looks like a great match and can't really see the imperfections. Plasti-dip won't come close to it. I might have to purchase that vinyl and do it cause I hate my chrome bumpers!!

OP
OP
guardiannite

guardiannite

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodoge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much did you need? I would keep the vinyl instead of plastic dip. It will never look as good as that. I mean from the pictures it looks like a great match and can't really see the imperfections. Plasti-dip won't come close to it. I might have to purchase that vinyl and do it cause I hate my chrome bumpers!!

I'm a little ocd and it's bugging me. White Plasti dip on heavy with glossier will still look good. Eventually I'll buy aftermarket bumpers. I bought 20ft by 5ft and I had plenty to do both bumpers grill and door handles

spiG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
How well did the white match? From the pictures the shading makes it hard to tell. Really hate my chrome bumpers and need to get rid of them and would rather wrap then plasti

jlafollette07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice, I should've got a white Truck [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
guardiannite

guardiannite

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodoge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How well did the white match? From the pictures the shading makes it hard to tell. Really hate my chrome bumpers and need to get rid of them and would rather wrap then plasti

its not exact but its close, plasti dip come in Monday so that weekend I will try Plasti dip with gloss and see how it turns out.

OP
OP
guardiannite

guardiannite

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodoge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ended up changing the look of the truck again. Vinyl looked ok from a distance but up close you can tell it wasnt done professionally and I wasnt going to pay someone about $600 to do it professionally. Ended up Plasti dipping the bumpers bought new style grill and had it painted to factory color. Bought new rims MB Wheels TKO 20X9 offset 18 and Cooper ATP 275x60x20 Tires

IMG_0223_zpsclqc5g3l.jpg

IMG_0224_zps3c0j7p1s.jpg

IMG_0226_zpsmza4jj9y.jpg

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks nice! Just out of curiosity can I ask why you just didn't buy a Sport trim if you wanted color matching? Where I am there's not really any difference in price between a Big Horn package and a Sport

OP
OP
guardiannite

guardiannite

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodoge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks nice! Just out of curiosity can I ask why you just didn't buy a Sport trim if you wanted color matching? Where I am there's not really any difference in price between a Big Horn package and a Sport

where i live we are limited by whats in stock. This is a temp fix eventually im going to buy aftermarket bumpers