New nitto tire!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Yet another middle of the road tire on the market soon. it looks interesting to say the least. I dont think it is quite aggressive enough for me but it is now a new option to research. Just looking at it I think the sipes dont go as deep as the competitors like the BFG K02 or the Duratrac. for us 2500 and 3500 guys the 17 and 18" sizes look pretty good.

looks to me that it is a slight attempt to make a "slightly" more aggressive "EXO Grappler" that hasn't taken off at all.

Ridge Grappler Light Truck Tire

anyone know anything about it yet?

EDIT:

found a PIC of the sipes. doesn't look to promising. very shallow

Attachments

• sipes.jpg
    sipes.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I hate nitto, but I'd give it a try before giving my opinion.

IM not overly impressed with them either. the only tire they have that I like, but have nevi had, is the trail grapple because it slightly resembles the Firestone destination M/T and I love the look of that tire.

I was set on the EXO grapples until I saw how shallow the sipes were on them as well. you can almost say the are superficial. just enough to get the 3 peak rating but you know they wont be there long..... the sipes i mean.

I dont "need" sipes on a mud tire but I do on an all terrain.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I heard about these from the rep at an event I was at, they look promising.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had two sets of the Nitto Terra Grapplers.....both lasted at least 85K miles. They are a very decent tire IMO.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This the Nitto version of the Toyo RT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i currently run the 295/75/17 m/t on my stock rims.i think i'm going with a 20 inch rim for when i'm carrying my camper and i'm going to give these ones a shot.still keeping the 17 inch m/t though.very capable mud tire.

hankRam2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This is first nitto thats gotten my attention in a while. I'm a loyal Toyo guy but these are step in right direction

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I bet you could get a better deal for these than the Toyos lol

Minus the great warranty Toyo gives their tires. And usually Toyo has better tread life.

I will say I think I like the looks of these over the RT though.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not trying to be biased because I run Toyo R/T's, but I think the Toyo's look a little more aggressive than those Nitto's. I too have not been a fan of Nitto but agree that this is a step in the right direction as well.

Adam

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just saw a commercial for these on the Velocity Channel. The commercial said "now available" at the end of it. And, they used a new RAM to showcase them in the commercial. They looked good!

I hope they are not too expensive.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I just cant get over the super shallow siping. these middle of the road a/t - m/t tires can be a little misleading in my opinion. there are definitely a few out there that are great tires but some of them are just off the wall designs that to me, look like they are for aesthetics not performance. I know seeing tires in person givea you a who different perspective but just looking at it in the picture makes me thing the tread block voids are a little to tight on this tire in relation to how big the tread blocks are.....if you know what i mean.

Id love to hear form others that may have seen them in person.

Broke pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I run 35/12.5/20 Exograpplers on the mega... They've been a great tire so far. 20k miles on them and they're still going strong, probably around 70% left. They dig better than it looks like they should in soft dirt/mud. Never had a problem pulling my 6k pound stock trailer around in the rain.
He sipes are deeper than you think, still show on mine.
Only downside to the Exo is the load ratings aren't high enough for the bigger trucks. I still use them, but know I couldn't tow as heavy as I could. The new tire is supposed to be more biased towards the 2500/3500's is what I read and after looking at the sizes, hey should be a good match for our trucks.

TarPaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Black Edition 1500
Engine
Hemi V8
I love...

my Duratracs on my Jeep...great rain and snow tire

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
my Duratracs on my Jeep...great rain and snow tire

I would buy duratracs in a heartbeat if the had a 3 ply sidwall....and came in a size that i wanted. they are a very well respected tire for sure.