New Owner 2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mroach609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site and the proud owner of a awsome 2014 ram pickup with 55,000 miles .I currently own three Ford pickup trucks for my landscaping business. This ram I'm going to use to tow one-three days a week max with a max of 3,000lbs max! And I've never owned a dodge before, my main question for you all is just some basic stuff. With my fords I used Motorcraft everything. Everything ford suggests and I want to do what dodge suggests with theyre vehicles. So tell me

What type of oil and filter do I go with?
Since I will be towing sometimes what should be my concerns/maintenance?
At 55,000 miles what type of maintenance should I be expected to come across?
And anything else you guys can post to inform me will be so much help.

I appreciate everything and will gladly learn from you all, I will post pics soon! Thank you everyone !

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Congrats and welcome! I used Pennzoil platinum in my 11. Was going to use redline in the 16 but changed my mind and put in ultra platinum with s Mopar filter. There is an oil thread that may interest you in the engine section.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your truck. Lots of members suggest Mobil 1 synthetic. My choice for my first oil change

OP
OP
Mroach609

Mroach609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks man. Now when you say mobile 1 synthetic is that full synthetic ?