New ram "limited" is an epic fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsrule123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Saw it at a auto show. Debadged and matching bumpers and 60k? Fail. If I saw that truck going down the street it would be invisible. High end? Please it looks like a normal ram with colored bumpers. Soon to be on sale for thousands off.......

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
all of the limited edition rams have basically been cosmetic with a production number and higher price tag.

OP
OP
Ramsrule123

Ramsrule123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Peen , your truck (which is pretty sweet ) looks almost identical to the limited. But I doubt that you forked over 60 k. Top end models should be a cut above to command top money and this limited is a failure......

InsidePower48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Crew Cab "Big Horn" 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
unless it came with a bigger engine i don't see why somebody would pay extra for cosmetic upgrades.

for that kinda money they should be putting the challenger SRT engine in there

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
what are you really expecting? or did your forget about the wizard in the corner behind the curtian pulling all the levers for the smoke and fire

OP
OP
Ramsrule123

Ramsrule123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"what are you really expecting? or did your forget about the wizard in the corner behind the curtian pulling all the levers for the smoke and fire"

a whole lot for 60 k. i bet the members here could think of countless ways to fill up a 60 k truck. for starters HID lights, real wheels not chrome plated. led accents, etc

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Peen , your truck (which is pretty sweet ) looks almost identical to the limited. But I doubt that you forked over 60 k. Top end models should be a cut above to command top money and this limited is a failure......

thanks!!! by no means is my truck fully loaded. If it was the sticker would have been closer to 50k, but i see what you are saying. to get that truck you are paying 10 Plus grand for some cosmetic changes - Nothing performance

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it came with fine Italian leather interiors (entire seats, not just part of the surface) and other fancy little trinkets, I could see it. But it doesn't.

I'll stick with my Express. Haha!

Grubrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
unless it came with a bigger engine i don't see why somebody would pay extra for cosmetic upgrades.

for that kinda money they should be putting the challenger SRT engine in there

People pay hundreds/thousands of dollars modding their rides every day for cosmetic upgrades.

What's the difference?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
People pay hundreds/thousands of dollars modding their rides every day for cosmetic upgrades.

What's the difference?

Exactly. There is a V6 Mustang and Camaro for a reason! People like shiny things. Not everyone cares if it's fast.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And where did you get $60,000? The 1500 starts at like $46,000 and 2500 starts at like $48,000

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Wow that is a bad idea. I guess that is the challange of the ford platium edition.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Yeah starts at $45,700 not $60k
Laramie longhorns start at $43k and I know a few people here's trucks (sports and laramie) price tags are around there
Just cause it isn't your taste doesn't mean others won't buy it....

OP
OP
Ramsrule123

Ramsrule123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will not argue price because we haven't seen a loaded one. My point is that the truck is plain vanilla and is indistinguishable from a sport to the average eye. You can't ask top dollar for something that looks bland. I would bet money that in a year from now it's pronounced a flop and reworked. I own a Laramie and would have bought a longhorn if it wasn't so cow boyish, I would not have even considered this truck a top trim. I consider myself the target market and I say blah .........

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
To each his own but I wouldn't buy a Laramie or a Laramie Limited or a Longhorn for that matter. If you can get the dealer down on the price more power to you but I don't need the fake chrome wheels or the heated leather seats they come with. I guess I like my SLT because it has all the power options etc... but it's a bit of a clean slate as well. I have room to add my own upgrades to it. I think the highest option package I would go would be the Sport to get the body color fascia and rear bumper.

fat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dont even have to fork out for the sport to get that anymore, you can get the express. It's stripped inside though...