new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wrote in the engine and performance section the other day that I was wanting to have my 3.21 diff in my 4x4 swapped to 3.92 so I could lift it and get bigger tires. None of the dealers around me were willing to do it and I was told it would void my warranty as well. I stopped by the dealer that sold me that truck 2 years ago and walked out with a new one. I went from a 2014 Sport quad cab to a 2017 Laramie crew cab. It was priced at $53,798 and I got it for $44k even (+ tax, title, license) and the gave me $30k for my truck. I was only looking to get $28,600 (Nada value). They also threw in a 4" lift to be in installed at no additional cost and will keep my warranty intact. Plus, since I'm not a fan of too much chrome they're going to change out the chrome mirror caps, door moldings, and door handles with body color parts. It happens to be silver. This truck has 3.92, limited slip, trailer brake controller, rear window defroster, leather interior, the convenience package, navigation, wheel to wheel running boards, park sense front and rear, tow hooks, skid plates, etc. The lift would cost $2650 if I ordered it through Mopar. It has Bilstien adjustable struts front and bilstien shocks rear with rear coil springs, etc. I think it's a Superlift. Needless to say I'm stoked! Now I need to decide if I want to keep the wheels that are on it or buy new ones when I get the tires. Is there a market for the chrome Laramie wheels?

Last edited:

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow. I think you got a pretty good deal, especially on the trade in and lift. Your truck is going to look awesome. Congrats!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Congrats on the new truck

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Congrats! Yes there is a market for Laramie wheels.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
congrats with all the changes they will make to the new rig sounds like you got a good deal.

on a side note for future they can NOT void your warranty for doing the rear end swap. it will only void it for the parts that you are changing and anything that may be affected. Magnusson-moss act covers you on this.

Red5Point7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Definitely want pics when you can get them!

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
congrats with all the changes they will make to the new rig sounds like you got a good deal.

on a side note for future they can NOT void your warranty for doing the rear end swap. it will only void it for the parts that you are changing and anything that may be affected. Magnusson-moss act covers you on this.

100% correct! Also, congrats on the new rig. Great deal!

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Sounds like a win to me. If you’re happy with the deal, nothing better than unexpectedly leaving with a new truck lol. The free 4" Mopar lift would be a real deal maker for me too.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on your new ride, picture's would be appreciated