New Truck Bug...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have it, but after browsing the web and watching way too many truck reviews on the Youtube, nothing really has piqued my interest. I really want to scratch that diesel itch so looked at the Chevy Colorado Duramax but after joining a forum and facebook group they seem to be having a bunch of the same issues as any other new diesel with all the emissions crap. (I have a strong feeling if some new tech doesn't come out to replace the crap DEF/DPF/EGR/SCR that it's going to kill the diesel market).

I've also looked at 06 and older 5.9 cummins but they either have a million miles or been clapped out by 20 year olds. The few lower mileage(clean) ones I've found are going for $30k+ and are probably due a new transmission sooner rather than later.

So.....I'm going to stick with the Ram for a while longer, switch up the wheel/tire combo, linex the bumpers and eventually add a hidden winch up front.

Edit: Emissions are important to me because I live in a county that has annual inspections.

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Well, at least your 2104 will be current for a while still! (Sorry, couldn't help it *cough, your profile*)

Ever sine I came back here earlier this week after several years away, I have really been wanting another Ram. It just isn't in the budget at the moment. If I could convince the wife that she really doesn't need her minivan anymore, maybe.......

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Kudos for being able to repel the bug. I was in the same boat but wasn't strong enough to resist. During my research, I found out that the 2014+ are more efficient of the 4th gen. Even tho the EPA is on a power trip, the Cummins is still a solid power horse.