New Truck Time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Well friends and countrymen, it's time to pick up a new Ram. Eyeing the 2016 Brilliant Black Ram Sport 1500. Anyone been having issues with their new 2016? I sold my 2010 back to the company (FCA) during the recall, and they gave me a pretty good deal. Looking to re-up now.

Also, anyone who's bought one in the past few months, what did you guys pay? I'm looking at about $39K after some incentives.

Let me know your thoughts guys.

New 2016 Ram 1500 Sport For Sale near Raleigh in Cary NC | 1C6RR7MT3GS171857

OP
OP
MidnightRambler

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Damn... So I'm getting screwed. I don't think I can haggle down 4K. Maybe 2? Is the 35K for a 4x4?

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like a good price

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got about 8-9k off a couple months ago and I thought it was a good deal. The manager showed me the screen where he was giving me all his holdback to make the deal. The 12-13k discounted deals confuse me as to how they are done. He was the cheapest out of 3 dealership too..

OP
OP
MidnightRambler

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I got about 8-9k off a couple months ago and I thought it was a good deal. The manager showed me the screen where he was giving me all his holdback to make the deal. The 12-13k discounted deals confuse me as to how they are done. He was the cheapest out of 3 dealership too..

I get that man.. Hendrick is the biggest Dodge d'ship here. I went to a smaller one and they wanted about 44K for the SAME EXACT truck. I bought my wife's Charger from Hendricks for pretty much the same reason 3 years ago.

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get that man.. Hendrick is the biggest Dodge d'ship here. I went to a smaller one and they wanted about 44K for the SAME EXACT truck. I bought my wife's Charger from Hendricks for pretty much the same reason 3 years ago.

I feel like some of these deals where you see them offering the truck for 13k off probably has some stipulations about financing 80% of the vehicle through them at some high interest rate so they make it up on the back end...

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
The deal with truck prices vary almost to zip codes. So, don't be thinking you are getting screwed. Arizona, where I live is a huge truck market. You can't touch a 3rd Gen for under $30K (CTD)

So.. look at truecar or KBB if you're wondering on price.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice!

I'd check out Dennis Dillon to see where a bottom barrel price is and try to get your local dealer to come as close as possible. Last I looked the pentastar models were considerably cheaper (probably due to prolonged cheap gas).

No real problems in my 2015. Love it. Not sure what changed for 2016 but not much. Good luck with the truck hunting.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I feel like some of these deals where you see them offering the truck for 13k off probably has some stipulations about financing 80% of the vehicle through them at some high interest rate so they make it up on the back end...

A lot of dealers quote EVERY possible rebate you can get (military, competitive owner coupon, student, etc). So that's dishonest. But you really can get 13k off a loaded up truck very frequently. I got 9500 off my express 4x4 quad cab a year ago (and it wasn't even close to new model time). And I didn't even finance (could have got another 500 that way).

Look at Dennis Dillon online, those are legit prices with no haggling or strings attached. They will show a "as low as" price that includes all available incentives but the standard "sales price" is available to any buyer. Smaller dealers can't necessarily match these prices because dealers get volume incentives that reduces their average cost.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For reference, I bought a $43300 Feb 2016 built Bighorn V8 the end of March during the end of Month, end of Quarter sales pressure for $34500 (no tax), thats with 3K rebates. I chose 0 percent financing instead of $1500 in additional rebates.

I found some local dealers would get within $500 and $1000 of Dillan's pricing, this one was just about Dillan's price and was on the lot. Some dealers will show you the holdback, which I think is 1200 on this model, 800 on base tradesmans.

Dealers either advertise a modest discount or huge discounts that assume every possible rebate.

Truck has been flawless.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MidnightRambler

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
For reference, I bought a $43300 Feb 2016 built Bighorn V8 the end of March during the end of Month, end of Quarter sales pressure for $34500 (no tax), thats with 3K rebates. I chose 0 percent financing instead of $1500 in additional rebates.

I found some local dealers would get within $500 and $1000 of Dillan's pricing, this one was just about Dillan's price and was on the lot. Some dealers will show you the holdback, which I think is 1200 on this model, 800 on base tradesmans.

Dealers either advertise a modest discount or huge discounts that assume every possible rebate.

Truck has been flawless.

I'm hoping that the end of quarter station helps a bit... Wish I could wait to the end of the month but I want to use my new rig to tow one of my project cars cross country, and that going to be in about a week.

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What trim are you looking for? I got my 2wd lonestar for $30k