Newcomer, Picking up first RAM tomorrow.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
When I bought my CPO 2015 V6 SLT Quad a month ago they weren't really wanting to deal. I had a budget for the payment needed and at the beginning of negotiations we were 100.00 off from each other, started to walk out and after dealing with the finance manager we got with 40.00 of my budget. Sticker was 19,500 with 48,000 miles, but I had to roll in negative equity and didn't put anything down.

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used to feel this way. However.. this is your money.

Here is what I just did like last month.

I went' to the dealer , found my car, haggled like a beast, accepted the offer, left my car, wen't home, came back next to sign paperwork.

About halfway through, i let them get to the finance fee's, shook my head, and said i needed a minute. Walked out to find my salesman, asked for my keys, and said, " i really can't justify this payment ". I need it down to 399/mo ( we were at like 419 ).

He got his manager, and he was PISSED, he said " WE agreed, what's happening ", i apologized, was very polite, and explained that i can't let my family suffer because of my needing to purchase a nice truck ". I told him take off 2 grand, and i'll sign and leave. He left, came back, gave me a bedliner, and took of another 1400 bucks.

I wen't to smoke, came in, and wrote a check for the entire amount :)

You'll find ways to get creative, just... don't ever " feel bad ", please, it's worth it if you feel you get a damn good deal, you'll love that truck even more!! promises!

wutech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I went' to the dealer , found my car, haggled like a beast, accepted the offer, left my car, wen't home, came back next to sign paperwork.

About halfway through, i let them get to the finance fee's, shook my head, and said i needed a minute. Walked out to find my salesman, asked for my keys, and said, " i really can't justify this payment ". I need it down to 399/mo ( we were at like 419 ).

He got his manager, and he was PISSED, he said " WE agreed, what's happening ", i apologized, was very polite, and explained that i can't let my family suffer because of my needing to purchase a nice truck ". I told him take off 2 grand, and i'll sign and leave. He left, came back, gave me a bedliner, and took of another 1400 bucks.

I wen't to smoke, came in, and wrote a check for the entire amount :)

You'll find ways to get creative, just... don't ever " feel bad ", please, it's worth it if you feel you get a damn good deal, you'll love that truck even more!! promises![/

You are an *******, and I like it!

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

About halfway through, I let them get to the finance fee's, shook my head, and said I needed a minute. Walked out to find my salesman, asked for my keys, and said, " I really can't justify this payment ". I need it down to 399/mo ( we were at like 419 ).

He got his manager, and he was PISSED, he said " WE agreed, what's happening ", I apologized, was very polite, and explained that I can't let my family suffer because of my needing to purchase a nice truck ". I told him to take off 2 grand, and I'll sign and leave. He left, came back, gave me a bed liner, and took of another 1400 bucks.

I went to smoke, came in, and wrote a check for the entire amount :)

You'll find ways to get creative, just... don't ever " feel bad ", please, it's worth it if you feel you get a damn good deal, you'll love that truck even more!! promises![/

You are an *******, and I like it!

Lol, I don't feel like am the *******. I want to get the best deal I can, and I want' them to get paid. however, I don't want to get the worst deal I can get just because I have money to spend. By far, though, if you can stomach the " oh man I'm the ******* " feeling, then you can certainly back out during financing. they've already marked you down for a sale, and they've already removed it from the key system, detailed it, technically, they have money in it. If you are willing to walk away and be the **** at the last minute, you -will- get a better deal, I absolutely promise. The finance guys will often call the bank while you're on the phone, and fight for you in front of you to make it look like they are getting the best interest rate you can get. I love when they do that because then I can say, if I'm paying 8%, then I'd like another 1k off, or something to help make up the difference, then if you have the cash, just write them a check. Though, if you want to help your credit, pay payments on it for a few months ( 6 - 12 ), then pay it off, then you're not so much the *******, the dealer doesn't know how much money you have. If you can make them feel like they just got one over on you, even better. Dealers will often get 2 - 3% lower than what they offered you. So, say I'm being offered 8%, they are banking they will get a 2-3% kickback. If i use that as leverage, get 1k off, THEN pay it off the next month ( or if I'm really feeling like an ass, right then ), then they earn almost nothing on the interest you never paid.

Last edited:

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never bargain on monthly payment, only what I think the vehicle is worth because before I even go into the showroom I know what interest rate I can get outside the dealership and how many years I want to finance.

This way the only thing on the table is the most important - If the dealer is willing to meet my expectations of the vehicle value. This approach works for me because I have the advantage of not being desperate to buy a vehicle, just being interested to see if I they are wanting to gain my business.

If they aren't I just thank them for their time and walk away with no feeling hurt. So the important factor that gives the buyer leverage is that they have to be willing to walk away and move on to another dealer or wait to see if the original dealer calls with a change of mind.

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never bargain on monthly payment, only what I think the vehicle is worth because before I even go into the showroom I know what interest rate I can get outside the dealership and how many years I want to finance.

This way the only thing on the table is the most important - If the dealer is willing to meet my expectations of the vehicle value. This approach works for me because I have the advantage of not being desperate to buy a vehicle, just being interested to see if I they are wanting to gain my business.

If they aren't I just thank them for their time and walk away with no feeling hurt. So the important factor that gives the buyer leverage is that they have to be willing to walk away and move on to another dealer or wait to see if the original dealer calls with a change of mind.

I am the exact same way, and I lost a couple trucks because they would not meet me where I wanted to be with price. One salesman wouldn't go down 200 bucks to make a sale, I said I will buy right now at this price (200 less than what he was offering). I said thanks you have my number, he called next day to try and get me in another truck and I said no thanks. Blows my mind he wouldn't come down 200. I bought my ram from a no haggle dealership, they didn't budge on price, I didn't try to haggle enough, I was tired of looking and haggling, I paid 23300, quad cab tow hitch bed liner 20" wheels, undercoated, 31000 miles. Bought last year in November. I feel like I could have got a better price if I had the patience. Oh well live and learn. Got good financing tho

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Well I ended up buying it.

Managed to get another $500 out of them plus remote start.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it's not to late--please, please, please DON'T let the dealer detail your truck before you pick it up. Chances are they will do more damage to your truck's finish than before they started. Think about it, in most dealerships the employees that do the detail work are paid the least, don't have the experience or the proper tools or the proper products to do a good job. There are some exceptions but they are far and few between.
Jay

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
the price your paying isnt bad for a crew cab in this area. looking at the add this 2014 popped up and if it were me, i would take it over the 2015 express. more options, and fewer miles.

Certified Pre Owned 2014 Ram 1500 for Sale | Serving Massapequa

As nice as that truck is, the one I ended up buying is literally mint condition on the inside and the outside is excellent too. I also greatly wanted to avoid another black vehicle. I am done with black. My jeep was black and I can't take it. I am a little annoyed I noticed one slight dent near the left rear taillight on the side panel. My autobody guy said he could easily make that non existent with no painting but I will see if it bothers me. No one but me was even able to find it. Otherwise no actual damage.

As far as detailing goes, there was some stuff I buffed myself when I got home with my own machine. I think they probably washed it and cleaned the inside at best. :buffer:

Definitely different to park than the wrangler :happy107:

Attachments

• IMG_2457.jpg
    IMG_2457.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 35

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My quad cab is the same color, get compliments on it all the time.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Beautiful truck!!! I'm a little partial to the color though. :naughty::naughty:
Jay

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/ram1500.html

Site for your rock rails if your looking for mounting / design options when you build. Ship a set to Canada if your feeling gracious.

As for new pricing, typically takes me a month to buy a vehicle. Up in Canada at least 15% off MSRP at this time of year. Shoot for 20%-22 especially May -Aug. Factor in your interest rate.

the rest is just a waiting game. They aren't selling themselves.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
https://white-knuckleoffroad.com/ram1500.html

Site for your rock rails if your looking for mounting / design options when you build. Ship a set to Canada if your feeling gracious.

As for new pricing, typically takes me a month to buy a vehicle. Up in Canada at least 15% off MSRP at this time of year. Shoot for 20%-22 especially May -Aug. Factor in your interest rate.

the rest is just a waiting game. They aren't selling themselves.

I wish they showed how they're mounted.

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish they showed how they're mounted.

they had pictures, email them for install instructions. I remember seeing them at some point on their site. Triangulate a bit more if you have a tendancy to get rammy.

Theirs are straight to frame with a sandwich and two long bolts per bracket.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Congrats, very nice lol king truck

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So apparently after looking at the build sheet from the truck that the dealer gave me,

I have the 32 gallon gas tank as well as the 20" rims.

So far I love the truck. I'm terrible at parking it thought I can't judge too well where the nose is since the hood is to big but il get used to it. I can park a fire truck better than my ram lol.

Only thing I miss from my jeep is the steering wheel controls for the radio... otherwise good riddance...

Also I wish the USB for the unconnect worked but apparently it's not just me by buddies 2017 does the same thing. Works for his iPod but not his iPhone.