No Keyless entry on the tradesman ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattgalbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm told that the 2017 Tradesman doesn't come with keyless entry & the dealer ship can't install one any one else have this problem ? Or any solution that won't cost a arm & a leg to get it done ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPSTrucker13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My express had it and a lot of times they are labeled tradesman/express

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know but it would make sense. The tradesman is a work truck. Absolute base as you can get

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
So I'm told that the 2017 Tradesman doesn't come with keyless entry & the dealer ship can't install one any one else have this problem ? Or any solution that won't cost a arm & a leg to get it done ?

If you have power locks,
Have an aftermarket alarm installed or remote start, bang there's your keyless entry. I had both done 350$ otd. 180$ for just alarm.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well look at the window facts that was on the vehicle when you first got it (they should have given you a list as well when you got the truck) and it will list every feature that comes with your truck. my stealership didnt give me one when I got mine but once I looked at that paper I saw mine did have the keyless entry so once I told the dealership that I found that on the feature list they had no choice but to get me set up. I had to yell at the manager to do it and he tried to get me the cheapest one but none the less I got it :happy107:

OP
OP
mattgalbo

mattgalbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I'm the the proud owner of a new 25004x4 Tradesmen 6.4 with a goose neck & few factory upgrades. It dose not have keyless entry but I will have to figure something out . This thing is a beast . After owning a 2wd quad cad 4.7 for almost 16 years , what a difference. I loved that old truck. It was the best vehicle I ever owned . but after the fist 5 miles I have already forgotten about the old girl. Looking forward to another 16 years in a Dodge Ram 17d6143e2063907f77f9655c215706d2.jpg

OP
OP
mattgalbo

mattgalbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for all the help guys [emoji1303]

warbat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC 4wd
Engine
Congrats on the new truck. Does it have power locks? If so, you can add keyless entry. I would try a different dealer, and if not, places like Best Buy, or other car audio/accessory shops can add them. Viper makes kits for pretty cheap. Hell if you are in ohio id give you the old kit i have in my garage.

OP
OP
mattgalbo

mattgalbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on the new truck. Does it have power locks? If so, you can add keyless entry. I would try a different dealer, and if not, places like Best Buy, or other car audio/accessory shops can add them. Viper makes kits for pretty cheap. Hell if you are in ohio id give you the old kit i have in my garage.

Thanks man yes it has power locks & blue tooth audio so I guess I just assumed in 2017 it would just be a standard on all trucks by now .

Bearcatrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

That's BS. Mine has keyless entry. Just no remote start, which I will be getting installed shortly.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Mine did not have it. I was fed up with not having it after 1 day. So I got a Viper 2 way keyless entry and remote start for $300.

Best thing I did to it. I live in Arizona. I remote start my truck 5 mins before I leave work.. I get the response from the truck (2 way) so I know it's running, not hoping it started.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
My 17 tradesman has PDL, PW, BLUETOOTH, etc.

I also have remote entry. It's an option. I can't see why the dealer couldn't add it if you already have power locks. That does not make sense.

Congrats on the new truck and i agree 100%. I love mine.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If its not as easy as adding a module like adding the factory remote starts many dealers wont do it. If you find a dealer that installs aftermarket accessories then they may.

on the flip side you can add it for pretty cheap away from a dealer.

Bearcatrp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I asked about a factory remote start installation vs 3rd party. Was told Chysler does not have plug n play setup like ford and gm. They would need to cut into the wiring. My dealer sells Silencer remote start kits that plug n play. Start at $469 to $799. Was worried about it affecting my life time warranty. Was told it will not.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking at a tradesman right now without keyless entry. I'm not totally against the idea, but I'm worried I'll get sick of not having it. It does have power locks, so I suppose I could always go the "remote start" way to get the keyless entry.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I asked about a factory remote start installation vs 3rd party. Was told Chysler does not have plug n play setup like ford and gm. They would need to cut into the wiring. My dealer sells Silencer remote start kits that plug n play. Start at $469 to $799. Was worried about it affecting my life time warranty. Was told it will not.
http://www.ramforum.com/f75/how_add_remote_start_2017_ram-99849/
Adding factory remote start to the 2017 is very easy and can be done for well under $200 (depending on how much for your dealer to add sales code).

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I'm looking at a tradesman right now without keyless entry. I'm not totally against the idea, but I'm worried I'll get sick of not having it. It does have power locks, so I suppose I could always go the "remote start" way to get the keyless entry.

Imo- after having it for so many years now, I'd hate to go without it, personally, but that's just me. I guess it's personal preference. My mom has a 1994 Olds cutlass supreme as a spare that has pdl, but no remote entry and we all agree it's annoying. Just my .02

OP
OP
mattgalbo

mattgalbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Imo- after having it for so many years now, I'd hate to go without it, personally, but that's just me. I guess it's personal preference. My mom has a 1994 Olds cutlass supreme as a spare that has pdl, but no remote entry and we all agree it's annoying. Just my .02

My 02 ram didn't have it so I'm kinda use to it , but it's 2017 man ! I just would think by now most all vehicles would have it . especially one that's pushing 40k . I was kinda looking forward to the new convenient . Just something else to buy now [emoji30].