No reverse :O

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Do you know that if you turn the fan switch to go into reverse in will not work lol Man I hate the knob shifter on the dash lol glad I was alone in the truck when I did it ! Had my 2015 RAM about a month and this was the first time I did it so guess that isnt too bad :happy107:
This is my First RAM truck and I am really impressed with the ride and handling,plus I got a GREAT deal on it so guess can not complainf too much about the shift knob :)

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
its taking me longer than i thought to get used to the knob.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
its taking me longer than i thought to get used to the knob.
I still reach for the floor or the column , That is the one thing that bugs the crap out of my about this truck :O But if that is the worse thing then I am styling :) Plus 21+ MPG out of my V6 is petty good for a F/S Truck IMO

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
Most people do it at least once. I haven't done it since my first month or two of ownership. Maybe instead of just having the shift knob be a larger diameter, they shift knob should be shaped or contoured in a slightly different manner so that you can tell the difference by feel when not looking/head turned.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha, I've done it a couple times within the first couple months.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Try turning the shifter to park at 75 mph instead of one of the other knobs. That has a pretty good pucker factor if you don't yet know that the truck is smart enough to not grenade the transmission.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Try turning the shifter to park at 75 mph instead of one of the other knobs. That has a pretty good pucker factor if you don't yet know that the truck is smart enough to not grenade the transmission.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How do you like our 3.6 V6? For me I love it,plenty of power and great MPG 21 mpg avg :) I do not plow or tow burn rubber :O or trail blaze!so works for me

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
How do you like our 3.6 V6? For me I love it,plenty of power and great MPG 21 mpg avg :) I do not plow or tow burn rubber :O or trail blaze!so works for me

305hp is plenty for me and what I need my truck for. I enjoy the good mileage as well.

I wonder what this button does?

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
I m old and have a 2016 ford explorer with console shift and steering wheel mounted paddles ,a 2011 motor motorhome on a f53 chassis prndl shifter on column and the 2015 ram with shifter/heating control and radio all on at what sometimes seem all the same , I think an improvement would be a PUsh butto (ala 57 Plymouth) with true paddle shifter
brianj

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Im glad I still have the floor shifter. knob shifter would be a big learning curve

dewey405

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V-6
It's worse when you "shift" into park and let off the brake and keep rolling, but now the fan is off so I have nothing to cool the sweat I just created lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I love the knob shifter, no more hooking my hand on that damn lever and spilling coffee all over when lifting the mug out of the holder.
:Caffeine:

I had a high school buddy with a 50s Oldsmobile.
Shift pattern was P-N-D-S-L-R.
Headed to the lake one day and he went to throw it into S to pass a car and hit R instead, at 60 or so. Back end of the car jumped at least a foot off the ground a couple of times, I kissed the windshield, then he got it popped back up into a forward gear. Oddly enough, he traded that car a few weeks later...but the trans still seemed to be working OK.
:eek:
DG

schul788

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I for one absolutely love the knob. Actually shows some forward thinking from FCA instead of going with the flow and taking up room with a console shifter and definitely makes the truck feel more advanced than the competition. Frees up so much room in the center console and way better than a steering column shifter. I haven't had one of those since I was 16 and will never buy a vehicle with it. I heard rumors FCA is thinking of abandoning the knob and that would be a very sad day. Everyone is different but I don't think I've ever accidentally turned the fan or radio volume knob by mistake. They are so far away from each other I'm surprised people have this issue.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Getting used to the knob and I also like a Kno%&$% in the truck well never mind lol