Noisy a/c compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dman4915

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 bright white ram 1500 quad cab big horn hemi
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does anyone else notice if they have a noisy rattling a/c compressor? I can hear mine rattling with the windows up when I'm idling and it drives me nuts. The service manager at my local dealer tried to tell me it was normal but the 2011 dodge charger that my wife drives is as quiet as a mouse. My fan motor also has a "normal" ticking noise that also drives me nuts. These are the only problems that I have not been able to resolve through the dealership. I love my truck but I am tired of fighting with the dealership to fix obvious issues. I really miss the dodge dealership that was closed during Chrysler's bankruptcy because they would track down a problem and fix it right the first time with no problems.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

joetama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Mine isn't loud but you can still clearly hear it. Gets annoying when you get out of it for a second while it's on. It also seems to cycle on and off rather often.

OP
OP
dman4915

dman4915

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 bright white ram 1500 quad cab big horn hemi
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don't mind it cycling on and off. Its just agrivating to have a new truck that makes worse sounds than an old one. I forgot to mention that the noise is more noticeable after about a 30 to 40 minute drive.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
as much as it sucks can you go to a different dealer? I don't think that should happen on a newer truck like that and it should be fixed under warranty