Not the best way to start Monday morning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

axhoaxho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yikes! Sad to see your truck got hit, but glad you are okay.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's horrible. I would be super pissed off. Glad you weren't hurt.
Hopefully you can get it fixed ASAP and be on your way if the damages aren't too bad. Looks pretty bad in the photos.
Good luck and keep us posted!

OP
OP
jmh288

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 (2017 1500 KIA OCT 2017)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with baum, have your carrier subrogate against the other car's carrier. That way you will actually save time and it won't go against your Loss Run stats with your carrier.

Your carrier's claim adjuster will help you to ensure it gets correctly repaired.

Looking at the other car I would say you won the fight. :)

Luckily it’s already being handled at a body shop I trust. They’ll deal with my insurance and my insurance will go after the other company. Worst case I pay the deductible if they fight it for a while.

I just don’t like that I’m gonna own a mangled 5 month old truck with a bad Carfax. Good luck selling it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jmh288

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
id be using the head of the unlicensed driver to beat the dents out of my truck, when i was younger i had an illegal total my truck and when the cops were the other driver tried to pin it on me and long story short the cop hand-cuffed me to my trailer hitch and told me " he is not worth going to jail over"

In my younger days I was the same. Now it costs too much to loose your cool.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Luckily it’s already being handled at a body shop I trust. They’ll deal with my insurance and my insurance will go after the other company. Worst case I pay the deductible if they fight it for a while.

I just don’t like that I’m gonna own a mangled 5 month old truck with a bad Carfax. Good luck selling it later.

In this case I hope they total it so your not stuck in that mess.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
imo, it likely won't be totaled. it's a new truck and worth too much, most likely. even if it needs a frame, likely wont total. glad you are ok. good move letting your carrier handle it, then subro against the adverse. good luck man

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Glad you are okay. Hope you get your ride fixed ASAP. Very bummed out for you. I cannot wait to see your truck back in shape. Be well, mate.

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Glad to hear you’re alright!

I am a public adjuster for property insurance claims (I work for the consumer and fight insurance company’s everyday) here’s some advice for you..

I got rear ended on the highway by a tractor trailer back in March and the truck drivers insurance company adjuster tried giving me a Chinese bumper but I argued for OEM. Make sure they don’t try to put aftermarket parts on your truck as they are liable and owe you for EXACTLY what you lost. Remember this doesn’t follow the language of any policy where they can exclude OEM parts so since it’s the liability of the other driver they owe you for all factory parts.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow! Glad you are OK. I would have been pissed as well, damn a brand new beautiful truck.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Worst case I pay the deductible if they fight it for a while.

When I used my Carrier to subrogate against the other driver's carrier in my accident it was all settled before my truck was ready to pick up at the body shop so didn't even have to put out $500 deductible.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
If they do end up totaling it, even if you subrogate, you may have to fight for value. When my 2013 was totaled last year, I subrogated, and they tried undervaluing it by about $8000 or so. Tried to be sneaky about it too. While he was giving me his under-quote, his tone/mentality was "no worries mate, we got you covered!"

Maybe thats just State Farm. They ended up getting a second opinion after I didn't back down, and that came back much closer (within $1000).

Good luck. I hope they take care of you, and if they fix it, I'd try and get a check for lost value due to the accident. Consult a dealership or two, see what their professional opinions are about the difference in trade-in and sale price would be before and after the accident. Even if your insurance doesn't cover it, after they win against the woman's insurance, you can go to her insurance and demand the money from them.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry man. I just went through the exact same thing and my vehicle got totaled. Unless major parts/the frame is bent, you might be better off trying to get it repaired. Mine got totaled and their first reimbursement offer was $13,000 lower than the second offer, which I really had to fight for. Here is mine...prepare to fight with insurance.

54d982b7b2a495c7961ee090215520c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
jmh288

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry man. I just went through the exact same thing and my vehicle got totaled. Unless major parts/the frame is bent, you might be better off trying to get it repaired. Mine got totaled and their first reimbursement offer was $13,000 lower than the second offer, which I really had to fight for. Here is mine...prepare to fight with insurance.

54d982b7b2a495c7961ee090215520c4.jpg

I think I remember your original crash post. Involved a tow truck or service truck that did a u-turn or cam from the shoulder. What a pain in #$$.

We’ll see what the estimate from the body shop comes out to. Then how the adjuster sees it.

I’ll keep you guys posted.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it gets repaired, go for the diminished value of the truck. Its the lost value because of the accident. I had some one back into my truck that was only 25 days old with 300 miles on her. The cost of the repair was like $5000, with the diminished claim i was able to get about $2500 back in my pocket from the decreased value.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
imo, it likely won't be totaled. it's a new truck and worth too much, most likely. even if it needs a frame, likely wont total.

I don't know about that??? :crazy:
I'm sure it will be totaled if the frame is bent/damaged.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8

It really depends on what type of frame damage. I've seen complete frame replacements done in videos, and segments of frames replaced.

In my accident, the entire frame was heavily twisted, causing lots of other damage to multiple parts throughout the truck. Estimate for repairs was about $33k, and they admitted there might be even more hidden damage once they started the project.

AH0KuK5.jpg

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L

Incorrect. It comes down to value of the vehicle, salvage value and repair cost. Some state laws say 75% of acv in damage is a total. Others say 100% and to deduct paint and refinish time when doing the calculation. Some states are different than others. Many states don't allow diminution in value on 1st party claims. There are a lot of factors involved.

OP
OP
jmh288

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks to me like the frame is bent. There is a nice gap / offset between the cab and the bed on the drivers side.

Not a great pic (from tow yard), but my body guy says there is a very noticeable differences between sides. He has it up on stands waiting for the adjuster to come out.

6fff4a439c7987d6e7677e6a2c1bb0ee.jpg

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think I remember your original crash post. Involved a tow truck or service truck that did a u-turn or cam from the shoulder. What a pain in #$$.

We’ll see what the estimate from the body shop comes out to. Then how the adjuster sees it.

I’ll keep you guys posted.

Let me know if I can help in any way. The advice I have for you is to fight for its worth, get a second opinion if you feel like you need it (I got it) and don’t be afraid to give it to the claim adjustor. I was being nice but at one point I just about had enough and started lecturing her and it worked.

If mine would have gotten repaired, I either would have tried to drive it to the ground or sell it right away, because of the diminished value. Hopefully your body shop guys are pulling for what you want and know the adjustor coming in to look at it.