Now I know Consumer Reports is full of ****

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Their ratings are based upon the reviews of their subscribers.

Edit: They also factor in the findings of their independent review group.

I'm not defending - but stating how they arrive at their conclusions and recommendations.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's a demographics issue plus it clearly does not take into account why people complain, even though some of their complaints are their own damn fault.

Unhappy owners will complain long and loudly, over and over again whereas a happy owner says "I like it" once and move one.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No way I can believe that. Mitsubishi, Kia, Hyundai, Mazda, and even Jeep build pretty crap vehicles.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It is good to see nobody buys into the absolute ******* crap that any media spits out anymore. I don't care what it is, I never believe a word anymore, this is the America we now live in. Glad to see I'm not alone.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
to many other reputable reviews out there that disagree.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
It is good to see nobody buys into the absolute ******* crap that any media spits out anymore. I don't care what it is, I never believe a word anymore, this is the America we now live in. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Boom !

mattstaub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CR has always had a religious hatred of Chrysler, since I can remember. My 2003 Dakota was the best vehicle I've ever owned. They hated it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JQ3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey they didn't contact me!! I've had my truck for almost a month and the "Initial Quality" so far is a "10"!!! Not to mention it's a blast to drive!!!

2015HD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They must have surveyed the same people that all said Hillary was going to run away with the election.
The same crowd that blames Putin this week and when that blows up they will blame... RAM owners? Nothing will surprise me.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I read a lot of forums and I see more happy truck owners here than practically anywhere else. So how does RAM come in as the worst manufacturer on Consumer Reports?

Least Reliable Car Companies in America

Since the early 70's according to CR every vehicle I ever owned was junk. From Ford to GM and Chrysler they were not worth owning. I tell friends/family they are owned by the Japanese.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They must take their polling sample from the same people who claim a certain administration has done a fabulous job over the last 8 years and then claim a majority of the country agrees according to their polling. Or that say Obamacare is the best thing since sliced bread. Go figger.

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

That isn't media. It's a review system based on input. **** in. **** out.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
There is bias everywhere, and it is definitely alive and well in herel, CR badmouths Fiat, so Fiat owners badmouth CR. Many Fiat truck owners down play the problems with their trucks, the 6.4L build fiasco, death wobble, poor paint quality, cabs installed misaligned, to name only a few, I could go on but I won't. and lets not forget the myriad of recalls, I am up to 10 and counting on a 2 and 1/2 year old truck.

Oh and the worst service centers in the industry consistently rated by practically all the major players year after year including JD powers. I personally hate the dealerships with techs who cannot even change a light bulb without braking something.

Personally I like my truck even with the clunking rear end, squeaky groaning leaf springs, sloppy steering, anti freeze smell, poorly designed and fragile transmission, inoperable trailer brake controller, 2 candle power headlights etc.

This site after all is a "FIAT RAM FORUM" do you expect an unbiased opinion here? Of course not the majority of people on here are going to proclaim their trucks are the greatest, to do any less would be to admit that they made a less than perfect choice as to what vehicle they spent their hard earned money on.

Last edited: