Odometer Resetting Itself - Have you seen this before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So correct me if im worng

If you buy the PCM for the 2015 -2016 from Dialbo, your milage will not match between PCM and cluster, this in turn could void any warranty should you need to take it in? The things ive read is that if you have a problem just swap back the stock PCM and take it in for service. But if the mileage on the PCM and Cluster dont match that can throw a red flag to dealer?

Was thinking about buying the diablo but now 2nd guessing because of the mileage and warranty thing

My guess is you have to give them your mileage when you buy it and they program it in. What I don't understand is if the mileage is stored on the pcm then how come it has to be programmed into the new gauge?

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So correct me if im worng

If you buy the PCM for the 2015 -2016 from Dialbo, your milage will not match between PCM and cluster, this in turn could void any warranty should you need to take it in? The things ive read is that if you have a problem just swap back the stock PCM and take it in for service. But if the mileage on the PCM and Cluster dont match that can throw a red flag to dealer?

Was thinking about buying the diablo but now 2nd guessing because of the mileage and warranty thing

I wouldn't worry about it, they are going to go by the mileage on your cluster. Unless there is some obvious signs of abuse, or your a real ****** and give them a reason. no one is going to look at the mileage in the pcm.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My guess is you have to give them your mileage when you buy it and they program it in. What I don't understand is if the mileage is stored on the pcm then how come it has to be programmed into the new gauge?

One does not affect the other, I have already replaced PCMs under warranty and forgot to program the mileage into the new PCM.
The new PCM just starts at 0 miles and clocks up every mile from then on.
So if the truck had 50k on it when I replaced the PCM.
The odometer and PCM will always read 50k difference.
So at 100k the odometer will read 100k, the PCM 50K.
The important thing is the odometer, it's mileage cannot be changed at the dealer level, the PCM can.
Hope that makes sense

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This ^^^^^^^^ is exactly how I believe the mileage works . At least as far as the PCM & Cluster goes .

Question for you Yoda .

Can the dealer see the mileage on your PCM wirelessly ?

Once I was in for a recall for the airbags , I pulled into the maintenance bay at my local dealer , I went inside to give them my vin & mileage the service writer told me he already had it via a wireless network that reaches to the maintenance bay I was in .
My point is , if he was able to connect to my truck in the bay , then I assume he got my mileage from the PCM & not the cluster .

Was he just messing with me or is this possible?

Thanks for a response Sir .

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
RLK - I haven't seen the service writers connect to the trucks wirelessly without first plugging a device into the OBD port.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This ^^^^^^^^ is exactly how I believe the mileage works . At least as far as the PCM & Cluster goes .

Question for you Yoda .

Can the dealer see the mileage on your PCM wirelessly ?

Once I was in for a recall for the airbags , I pulled into the maintenance bay at my local dealer , I went inside to give them my vin & mileage the service writer told me he already had it via a wireless network that reaches to the maintenance bay I was in .
My point is , if he was able to connect to my truck in the bay , then I assume he got my mileage from the PCM & not the cluster .

Was he just messing with me or is this possible?

Thanks for a response Sir .
Not unless someone plugged a Wi-tech pod into your OBD2 connector and turned the key on.
Where he pulled the mileage from I'm not sure.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the response yoda