OEM push button start kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

mooreman21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First thing my wife said when we were taking delivery of my RAM: "wait, you actually need the key to start it? and what, no proximity locking?"

Spoiled ladies!

:)
I am surprised it's not standard on most popular trims. It was standard with proximity on the fleet Dodge Charger I drove for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Very cool but wow that’s a lot of Cha Ching for a pretty simple task. Isn’t like without it you have to get out and hand crank your motor over lol....my plastic key fob isn’t that bad lol.
It really is a nice feature and oh yeah I wish my truck had it. But i’ll Spend that money on other things. RTM0386 thanks for finding and posting that. You prob made a lot of peoples day. I didn’t know that upgrade was even available!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if they have the bighorn chromes. The only think not making my truck a Laramie at this point is push button start and keyless entry. I have 8.4 nav, heated cooled seats, remote start, Ive upgraded the audio way beyond, so on and so forth. I might consider this.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2013+ only. Bummer.

dannyg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mornin everyone. Just wanted to pop in here and say that I'm glad you guys found our service! I work at Auto Tech Electronic as an IT and our Push Start kits are something we launched within the last few months. I'm happy to answer any questions about our product. We wanted to provide anyone with an alternative to trading in their vehicle or working with aftermarket parts. Feel free to call our shop anytime between 9am and 6pm CST at 956-508-3450. Cheers!

dannyg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes we do! We order the handles directly from Dodge using your VIN. If it's not standard to your vehicle we can always order whichever color you want.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I ordered the basic kit for now .
Should arrive in a week or so .
I will post my results when installed.

Just a FYI

If you have a aftermarket remote start you will have to reflash bypass module for push to start firmware ..
I use idatalink and have the flash cable so not a big deal for me .
Will have to relearn module for new keys as well .
I will go Thru wiring on the remote start side and see if wiring will have to be changed .
I will keep you all posted .
Cheers .

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered the basic kit for now .
Should arrive in a week or so .
I will post my results when installed.

Just a FYI

If you have a aftermarket remote start you will have to reflash bypass module for push to start firmware ..
I use idatalink and have the flash cable so not a big deal for me .
Will have to relearn module for new keys as well .
I will go Thru wiring on the remote start side and see if wiring will have to be changed .
I will keep you all posted .
Cheers .

So you will need a dealer visit to actually accomplish this task if you dont have said fancy tools?

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
No they program the new keys to the new antennas etc.
No dealer is required,so I’m told .

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No they program the new keys to the new antennas etc.
No dealer is required,so I’m told .

Im interested in seeing how it goes. I do have a key guy that can program keys to the vehicle but Im curious how they make it plug and play without telling the BCM the new key codes? Im on the fence on the full setup.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
No they program the parts to the new antennas modules at there locating before shipping out .