Oil Change at Dealership?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How much should a oil change cost at the Dealership for a 2015 Ram 5.7 with full synthetic oil?

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don't know but it is way cheaper if ou do a contract. I never do full synthetic in my truck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

16laramie4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My dealer had 4 semi sythetic and tire rotations for 120

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
cost extra 194k miles laterstill no full synthetic

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
contract stating u buy 4 or 6 or 10 oil changes at one time.... when your oil change is due you co.e in to get it ez pz

kevperro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Never had a full synthetic change done by anyone other than me. The difference in the cost of oil is minimal at Walmart. I have a feeling dealers, oil change places and everywhere else treat it as a premium service and charge accordingly.

I change my truck at home and it only takes 15-minutes. It is actually easier than taking it to the dealer except in foul weather. Wait for good weather.

Either way... 5 Quarts of synthetic at Walmart is $17-$25 for your standard fare synthetic. You may want to stick with the Penzoil flavor that is MS-6395 if under warranty. "Standard" discounted motor oil that is still MS-6395 rated is around $12-$18 so about $5 difference per oil change.

I think if you stick with anything that is MS-6395 rated you cannot go wrong. I'd ignore the synthetic vs. dino oil thing. As long as you stick with oil that meets MS-6395 and is of the appropriate viscosity your engine won't know the difference. (flame suit on).

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I got a 6-pack of changes for my 6.4, full synthetic for about $65 each. I doubt I can even buy the materials for that. Certainly, not for enough less to take my time doing it. I usually need to get to the dealer a couple times of year anyway for recalls and updates.

If I recall, just buying one change is almost twice that for my truck.

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It does cost alittle more but you can go alot longer between oci using synthetic oil.
like what? I do oil changes every 6k to 7500 miles

OP
OP
Hookie

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the info guys. The only reason the dealer changes it is due to a disability.
I think i'll ask about a contract next time i go in.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Thanks for the info guys. The only reason the dealer changes it is due to a disability.
I think i'll ask about a contract next time i go in.

Check your dealer's website, also dealers in your area, look for coupons in the service section of their website. I'll find a dealer that is offering a four oil change special for cheap (the last contract was $67 for four oil changes). Be aware that the oil change contract also has a time limitation, four oil changes in two years, after two years the contract expires. Also, the contract is a Mopar contract and is valid at any Chrysler dealer.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^ what he said about the time frame. I do a 4 pack for about 79 or so of regular oil. I just in every 6 months which is about 5k in miles for me. In my case the oil life gauge on the dash is only about half down. that way i use all the oil changes up in 2 years.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went nearly 10k on Mobile 1 high mileage full syn. Sent my results to Blackstone and the results were outstanding. +1 for doing it your self. 30 minutes tops. Probably 15 minutes if no 4x4.

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm doing my first two (or 4? Some are free with the truck when bought new) through the stealership. After that I'll be doing my own. But if you have to take it somewhere, the dealership would probably be better if something was to come up warranty wise, as opposed to the quik e change type shops.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never had a full synthetic change done by anyone other than me. The difference in the cost of oil is minimal at Walmart. I have a feeling dealers, oil change places and everywhere else treat it as a premium service and charge accordingly.

I change my truck at home and it only takes 15-minutes. It is actually easier than taking it to the dealer except in foul weather. Wait for good weather.

Either way... 5 Quarts of synthetic at Walmart is $17-$25 for your standard fare synthetic. You may want to stick with the Penzoil flavor that is MS-6395 if under warranty. "Standard" discounted motor oil that is still MS-6395 rated is around $12-$18 so about $5 difference per oil change.

I think if you stick with anything that is MS-6395 rated you cannot go wrong. I'd ignore the synthetic vs. dino oil thing. As long as you stick with oil that meets MS-6395 and is of the appropriate viscosity your engine won't know the difference. (flame suit on).

There is definitely a difference on cold Canadian mornings.

Frisk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For me the biggest benefit for going with synthetic oil is the cold starts in the winter.....The engine cranks over way easier with synthetic in it at -25C. There are lots of videos on the internet of people showing how conventional oil pours at cold temps compared to synthetic.