Ordered new 2500 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
After some months of thinking about it I decided to go ahead and put in an order for a new 2500 Laramie CC 6.4 Hemi with 4.10s. Ordered it last Friday. Now the nightmare of 8-10 weeks of waiting begins. Coming from a 1500 Big Horn, Im really pumped. I will most definitely miss the 8 speed and that glorious sounding dual exhaust with a Magnaflow cat back, but all the capability benefits of the 2500 and the Laramie trim ended up being a no brainer for me. With the discounts you can get on these trucks, I couldn’t say no. Of course there are already ideas for mods, but they will probably come around slowly.

First “mods” will be the third brake light and seeing if there’s a cabin filter in the truck from the factory lol. I heard they started putting them in for the ‘17s… Could anyone confirm this? I also heard that Ram might have finally started putting a more reliable seal on the third brake, but I will be checking that and comparing to my 2013.

Could owners of the Alpine sound system let me know how they like it? How does it compare to other vehicles you might have owned with higher end factory systems? I have heard mostly good things about it but am curious to hear more opinions.

Mostly out of curiosity, does anyone have a clue what determines whether or not you get an SD card slot or just the USB…. I cant find any info on Ram’s site but maybe I missed it. I thought maybe the SD comes with the 8.4AN with Nav but it says nothing about that being so and I have seen Nav equipped trucks without the SD slot. As I said, its really just curiosity because it seems strange to me that its not very clear.

Also wondering if anyone has called Chrysler to check on the build status of their Ram? I would contact SRT when my Scat Pack was on order and they were always glad to check for updates. I know the sales guy can check also, but I usually like to hear from both to get info from two different sides.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on the truck! My big horn with the 8.4 and full console has two USB ports and an SD card slot. One USB port is for media that also charges, and the other is solely for charging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats! I just purchased my first truck ever (RAM 1500 Sport) the other weekend. I have the alpine system and it is really great.

Prior to owning a truck, I normally drove Yukons. All our Yukons had the Bose system. After listening to both, Alpine is just as great, if not better. Again, I am not an audio enthusiast, but the quality seems great.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
I have to wait till the 3rd for my charger to come in, dont think I could wait 8-10 weeks for it to be built/delivered.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have to wait till the 3rd for my charger to come in, dont think I could wait 8-10 weeks for it to be built/delivered.

You could be like my dad. Order a new charger, wait 9 weeks for it to show up, pick it up, say goodbye to your Ram, and then find out the next day that's it leaking oil. Bring it back, your truck is gone, and now you get to drive a town and country for two weeks while they get a new engine that hopefully doesn't have a cracked block.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
You could be like my dad. Order a new charger, wait 9 weeks for it to show up, pick it up, say goodbye to your Ram, and then find out the next day that's it leaking oil. Bring it back, your truck is gone, and now you get to drive a town and country for two weeks while they get a new engine that hopefully doesn't have a cracked block.

Stop jinxing me dammit! :flipthebird:

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Congrats! I just purchased my first truck ever (RAM 1500 Sport) the other weekend. I have the alpine system and it is really great.

Prior to owning a truck, I normally drove Yukons. All our Yukons had the Bose system. After listening to both, Alpine is just as great, if not better. Again, I am not an audio enthusiast, but the quality seems great.

Nice, I am glad to hear that from a GM owner. I have owned some GMs with the Bose systems and always thought it had a good sound. So that is great to hear.

The waiting sucks. My SP Charger took exactly 6 weeks from order to delivery, which I thought was pretty damn quick. I think it would have taken longer but Brampton Assembly is only a few hours from Michigan.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Nice, I am glad to hear that from a GM owner. I have owned some GMs with the Bose systems and always thought it had a good sound. So that is great to hear.

The waiting sucks. My SP Charger took exactly 6 weeks from order to delivery, which I thought was pretty damn quick. I think it would have taken longer but Brampton Assembly is only a few hours from Michigan.

Yea mine finished production on the 17th and is slated to arrive to the dealership in FL on the 3rd

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ordered mine on January 10th and it was delivered on February 20th while I was on vacation. Little over 5 weeks for the build and delivery. It has the Alpine system and I have to say I'm very impressed. Congrats on your new truck.

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I ordered mine on January 10th and it was delivered on February 20th while I was on vacation. Little over 5 weeks for the build and delivery. It has the Alpine system and I have to say I'm very impressed. Congrats on your new truck.

If only they built the 2500s here in Detroit, my truck would be built about 40 mins away from my house lol. The shipping from Mexico is what is going to kill me. But I have heard the plant is top notch.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If only they built the 2500s here in Detroit, my truck would be built about 40 mins away from my house lol. The shipping from Mexico is what is going to kill me. But I have heard the plant is top notch.

I hear lots of positives about the build quality in Mexico for the 2500's. You will be happy I'm sure.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My 2014 didn't have a better third brake light seal as it leaked. And it also has the sd card slot in bighorn trim with 8.4, no nav. I'm sure your Laramie trim has it

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins

I believe they will be in the next couple years!

RamblinRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Also wondering if anyone has called Chrysler to check on the build status of their Ram? I would contact SRT when my Scat Pack was on order and they were always glad to check for updates. I know the sales guy can check also, but I usually like to hear from both to get info from two different sides.[/QUOTE]

For accurate updates on your build go to 2017 Status Updates thread on the other ram forum. Give SPP your VON and you will get daily status updates. He works for Fiat and provides this service for free. Helped me keep my sanity during my 8 week wait.

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Thanks for the tip. Went over there and checked out the thread, seems ssp has been away for a couple weeks. Bummer. I will keep an eye out though. There is still a lot of good info to read there though.

I'm guessing FCA will try and get the next gen HDs to be build in Detroit.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I believe you're right, now with Donald Trump in power.

The plan was in place before Trump just so you know. I have a contact who told me about it last year. I don't care the reason though just happy they will be built by Americans like most of my 1500 Hemi excluded.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on the new 2500. You might not wait that long for the truck. When I ordered my Challenger I was told 8 weeks, and I had it in 5 weeks. A friend ordered a new jeep three weeks ago, and he is picking it up next week.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The plan was in place before Trump just so you know. I have a contact who told me about it last year. I don't care the reason though just happy they will be built by Americans like most of my 1500 Hemi excluded.

Thanks for the correction, informative.

OP
OP
mohemipar

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Congrats on the new 2500. You might not wait that long for the truck. When I ordered my Challenger I was told 8 weeks, and I had it in 5 weeks. A friend ordered a new jeep three weeks ago, and he is picking it up next week.

Hopefully soon I will find out what the estimate is on a build date. I am optimistic because they created my VIN in 24 hours even though the dealer put the order in at 6PM on a Friday. My Scat Pack took 4 or 5 days to get a VIN created.