Ordering New ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
So...

If you can get 20% off the sticker of a truck on the lot, can you get 10% off if you order one? More / less ?

I've never ordered one, nor do I know anyone who ever has.

And how long does it take to get one?

If you are trading your old truck, will they let you keep driving it until the new one comes in?

Any advantages / disadvantages besides knowing someone hasn't "tested" the 4wd......

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So...

If you can get 20% off the sticker of a truck on the lot, can you get 10% off if you order one? More / less ?

If you are trading your old truck, will they let you keep driving it until the new one comes in?

Any advantages / disadvantages besides knowing someone hasn't "tested" the 4wd......

I ordered my truck and here in Canada you get the same discounts. Mine took 4 weeks to arrive with a phone call to the plant (helps to know plant manager). Yes you can keep driving your old truck while waiting for your order. Advantage is you get exactly what you want in a truck custom made for you, my window sticker even says (specially made for me, name included). Good luck

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You won't get the same price as what there selling the 16 at right now.you can save allot of money on a,16 if you can find what you want.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You won't get the same price as what there selling the 16 at right now.you can save allot of money on a,16 if you can find what you want.

Good point but you're getting a 1 year old truck as compared to current model. I guess if you keep it a long time it will be worth it.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
But the 16 is still brand new with factory warranty included. There isn't really any difference between the 16s and 17s anyway.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To be honest Murphy Slaw wasn't asking about 16's just ordering a new truck. Maybe I missed something. Lets try and keep this one from derailing.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
To be honest Murphy Slaw wasn't asking about 16's just ordering a new truck. Maybe I missed something. Lets try and keep this one from derailing.

Ok, i still say he can get a better price on the lot on a 17. I to have ordered a brand new 13. I could have gotten a better deal on one on the lot. It didn't have everything I wanted.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi

He asked about a truck on the lot at 20% off versus ordering one. We can reasonably assume the one on the lot is a 2016 because they usually discount the last model year trucks around this time of year to get rid of them because the new 2017 trucks are coming in.
My dealership says the incentives available when you take delivery are the ones you get, not the ones available when you order. You are also not locked in to buying one that you ordered, if you change your mind, here in Mi anyway. Although not taking it will not make you friends at the dealership. If you're not getting employee pricing you can always negotiate a better than sticker price on top of the current incentives. Personally I ordered my last 2 trucks to get exactly what I wanted. I've never traded in because I can use the extra $1000-$4000 dollars from selling them myself.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
He asked about a truck on the lot at 20% off versus ordering one. We can reasonably assume the one on the lot is a 2016 because they usually discount the last model year trucks around this time of year to get rid of them because the new 2017 trucks are coming in.
My dealership says the incentives available when you take delivery are the ones you get, not the ones available when you order. You are also not locked in to buying one that you ordered, if you change your mind, here in Mi anyway. Although not taking it will not make you friends at the dealership. If you're not getting employee pricing you can always negotiate a better than sticker price on top of the current incentives. Personally I ordered my last 2 trucks to get exactly what I wanted. I've never traded in because I can use the extra $1000-$4000 dollars from selling them myself.

I guess we need clarification from Murphy Slaw just what he meant. You will get more by selling private but you save on sales tax when trading.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I guess we need clarification from Murphy Slaw just what he meant. You will get more by selling private but you save on sales tax when trading.

You may be right about sales tax where you are. Here in missouri I can still save on sales tax . Whatever I sell mine for comes off my sales tax,just like I traded it in. Let's not get off point here with all the what ifs. Lol :love51:

OP
OP
Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
Just curious, I see 49,900 Big Horns for 41,900 without any negotiations, at the dealers website with incentives and stuff. I just wondered if I built an Express with 5.7, Ram Boxes, cover, stereo, etc. and it came to 42,900, what it would really take to buy it.

Without opening the salesman "can of worms" until I'm ready.......

:naughty:

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious, I see 49,900 Big Horns for 41,900 without any negotiations, at the dealers website with incentives and stuff. I just wondered if I built an Express with 5.7, Ram Boxes, cover, stereo, etc. and it came to 42,900, what it would really take to buy it.

Without opening the salesman "can of worms" until I'm ready.......

:naughty:

So what specifically are trying to have on the truck that you feel the need to build one?
Stereo? There isn't much options on the express to add if by stereo you meant getting the 8.4 (big screen) on the express you won't be able to unless you jump to the next trim which is the SLT. And for cover any dealer can add a cover no matter the trim.

So I agree that if your not really looking for something you must must have just look for a left over 16 that has the options your looking for the discount/price your looking for or even a 17 some dealers have great discount on them already

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry, double post... dunno why TapATalk did that...

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Now that's fricken cool... good luck on your purchase!!!

Sent from hell via TapATalk

It is pretty cool. Chrysler has been doing it for a while. I have the sticker from my dad's 04 1500 with his name on it.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
So...

If you order through Dennis Dillon in ID you will get the same deal if you bought the truck off the lot. Same % off and same rebates as a truck off the lot. If you want the most for your current truck then sell it privately. BTW, email the Dennis Dillon internet team for a full OTD quote on the truck you want and then compare to a "lot" truck the best you can. Whether off the lot or an ordered truck you probably won't find a better price than from DD.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered my truck and got 20% off same as an off the lot truck. Took about 8 weeks I think.

OP
OP
Murphy Slaw

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
So what specifically are trying to have on the truck that you feel the need to build one?

I just don't see many True Blue Pearl, Crew Cab, 3.92 Anti slip, 5.7, cloth with Ram Boxes and a cover.

Most of the Express's around here are Quads, and they're all black or gray.

Plus it would be cool to get one that hasn't had the 4WD "tested" by other people, zero miles, and stuff.

I still might get a Big Horn, but you start adding Ram boxes and covers to them............

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye