Ordering New ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I considered ordering when i bought my truck a week ago this past Friday.

With the end of year discounts and incentives, buying off the lot safed me about $2k or so, give or take.

I think my dealer wanted to sell the one they had coming in (my truck), if i would have waited, the dealer said my trade would have taken an $1800 hit due to the wait on the new one coming in 8-10 weeks.

I think that's bs, but that's what i was told. Sam's club had an extra $1k rebate if your a Sam's club member that was expiring on 1/3/17.

My truck was brand new, right off the truck, 5 miles on it when I test drove it before delivery. I'm happy, it had all options and the color i wanted except the 4.10 gears and the 373s are fine for what I'm doing with the truck

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Yeah, dealers are motived to sell what they have on the lot or is in transit scheduled to hit the lot soon versus placing a custom order. Their sales targets and corporate incentives are based on in stock lot vehicles and not custom orders. That is why most dealers have a flippant attitude when you start talking custom orders.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Yeah, dealers are motived to sell what they have on the lot or is in transit scheduled to hit the lot soon versus placing a custom order. Their sales targets and corporate incentives are based on in stock lot vehicles and not custom orders. That is why most dealers have a flippant attitude when you start talking custom orders.

Well that makes sense then. It's also what I've long suspected. Thanks.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I'm sure you're right in most cases but the dealership I deal with has no problem with individuals placing factory orders. Any incentives and discounts are applied same as a unit on the lot. Not all dealerships operate in the same manner, especially when comparing Canada to USA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45