OTD Prices on New Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOLA ItsNotOva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone. Currently have a 2001 Tacoma double cab. Has 225k miles, and wasn't maintained properly before I got it so its starting to show its age. My goal is to buy a new truck by the end of the year. Been doing research and having the job I have, I am able to drive all of the full-size trucks so I know how they ride, etc.

So with that being said, I've decided I want a Ram. Love the looks, the power, and the comfort of the ride. I see a lot of dealers giving some nice discounts on Rams and was wondering what you guys are paying out the door? I'm looking at getting a Sport Crew Cab with the 5.7. Only option would be the spray in bed liner, and maybe the Sport hood.

Thanks in advance!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It varies a LOT by the market in that area and by the sales volume of the individual dealers.

For example, there is a dealer in Idaho that can generally sell a Laramie at what a lot of local dealers here sell a Big Horn for. How? Volume. They sell a hella load of trucks each year.

So you have to check local prices, check prices outside of your area and then use any information you can find to drive a deal.

So here's an example of what a truck will sell for (I'm back in the market as my 2014 was recently totaled) and based on my needs, here's the best buy I could find in the area equipped with exactly what I need and want:

2017 Ram 2500, Laramie, Sport Pkg, leather, Cummins, 68RFE, 3.42 gears, etc...

$65,460 sticker

$53,766 advertised lot price

I think there's room for step bars and a spray in bedliner in that price. :)

bretttn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I haven't regretted my purchase that's for sure. I bought in July and was able to get close to the 20% off retail with a really good interest rate. From everything I've heard though pricing OTD definitely varies on location location location. List tag on mine was about 54,500 plus taxes so you can do the quick math. Best advice I can give is find the truck you want and tell them what you will pay. Be patient and keep your options open. Best of luck!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

NOLA ItsNotOva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A dealer about 15 minutes away has one that lists for $44k, and with a dealer disount and two other dealer offers, is $36k. They advertise it as $32k for returning customer discount, AARP discount, a financing discount, and a discount for it being a Hemi. But I can't get two of those (best discounts) so my price would be $35k. Another dealer in Mississippi has them for $32k without the ******** discounts. And so does another dealer about 45 miles south of me. I live in New Orleans, LA fyi

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2017 stickered at 48,300, paid $36,500.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Hey everyone. Currently have a 2001 Tacoma double cab. Has 225k miles, and wasn't maintained properly before I got it so its starting to show its age. My goal is to buy a new truck by the end of the year. Been doing research and having the job I have, I am able to drive all of the full-size trucks so I know how they ride, etc.

So with that being said, I've decided I want a Ram. Love the looks, the power, and the comfort of the ride. I see a lot of dealers giving some nice discounts on Rams and was wondering what you guys are paying out the door? I'm looking at getting a Sport Crew Cab with the 5.7. Only option would be the spray in bed liner, and maybe the Sport hood.

Thanks in advance!

There's no way to compare OTD prices. Different taxes and fees in about every city/state. Maybe just compare the final sale price to include DH.

Skerj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My 2017 stickered at 48,300, paid $36,500.

I got the same price, sticker was $47 and change. The going discounts I was seeing in my area was typically 10k for the Big Horns, and 7-8k for everything else. The rest I had to fight for. 2016 1500 5.7 CC Outdoorsman 4x4. Varies by trim, location, (taxes and dealer fees) etc. Where trucks work (Texas, Idaho, etc) is where the biggest discounts usually are found. In South Florida, most trucks are mall crawling pavement princesses, so the prices are generally higher...

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Wow that's a tuff Q...

I just traded in my 14 3500 SRW 6.4.

One dealer wouldn't take a dime off the sticker (just rebates I qualify for), but gave me 9k more than my '14 typically trades for, which is actually 2-4k more then there selling for used.

Another dealer took 6k off the top of the truck, but only offered fair trade in value..

Others were somewhere between those two.

Ended up going with the first dealer. The tax credit (don't pay tax on your trade in NY), plus now, on paper, there was room for the dealer to "throw" in a few extras.

Good luck in your search. Your the only one who needs to be happy with the deal. Well, may the spouse too...:crazy:

OP
OP
N

NOLA ItsNotOva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A dealer about 15 minutes away has one that lists for $44k, and with a dealer disount and two other dealer offers, is $36k. They advertise it as $32k for returning customer discount, AARP discount, a financing discount, and a discount for it being a Hemi. But I can't get two of those (best discounts) so my price would be $35k. Another dealer in Mississippi has them for $32k without the ******** discounts. And so does another dealer about 45 miles south of me. I live in New Orleans, LA fyi

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You don't get the AARP discount unless your forum age ain't what it says in your profile...

:D

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow that's a tuff Q...

I just traded in my 14 3500 SRW 6.4.

One dealer wouldn't take a dime off the sticker (just rebates I qualify for), but gave me 9k more than my '14 typically trades for, which is actually 2-4k more then there selling for used.

Another dealer took 6k off the top of the truck, but only offered fair trade in value..

Others were somewhere between those two.

Ended up going with the first dealer. The tax credit (don't pay tax on your trade in NY), plus now, on paper, there was room for the dealer to "throw" in a few extras.

Good luck in your search. Your the only one who needs to be happy with the deal. Well, may the spouse too...:crazy:

Typical dealer numbers game. They "give" more for your trade but wont discount the new vehicle any more. Some dealers will do what they did to you and others will just discount the new vehicle and not give as much on the trade.

Either way the dealer makes out the same.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Typical dealer numbers game. They "give" more for your trade but wont discount the new vehicle any more. Some dealers will do what they did to you and others will just discount the new vehicle and not give as much on the trade.

I belive that's what i was getting at. The OP's question is tuff to answer accuracy.

Belive me, I know the dealers games. Bottom line is the # I owe the dealer after my trade is figured in. Once I have that #, the haggling starts.

Doesn't matter how the dealer got to that #. Weather giving me more than my trade is worth, or taking a lot off the top. Or a little of both.

What matters is how much lower I can get that magic number.

OutLore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

An after effect of this type of scenario is that the sale price of that vehicle shows as higher - so sites like truecar.com show an inflated price over time because they do not take into consideration over book trade prices. Dealer can then move the money around as they see fit, but on paper the sale price is higher, which they can use for future reference.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I paid 41K for a loaded 2015 Outdoorsmans

That's in Lancaster, PA

Crazy what they want for trucks nowadays

Blackram28376

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In Feb of 2014 I got a new 3.6 Black edition quad cab 2wd for 27k, paid 10k down with trade in.

In Feb of 2015 I traded it in with 17k miles for a 2014 5.7 White quad cab with sport bumpers, 16k miles, 4x4 LSD and 3.92s, with spray bedliner and cover for 28k, got 23k or so for trade in, swapped out chrome wheels for my old black ones.

I ate a little bit, but I think I got a good deal. I had all intentions of one day purchasing a travel trailer. Possibly may happen next year.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I never get caught up in the "rebate of the month" game. Give me the bottom line and I don't give a crap how you get there. OP, use the internet to find bottom line prices and go from there. Sites like Truecar are great. Also, Dennis Dillon in Idaho is great (use the "sale price" not "as low as" to compare).

Back in 2014 I paid about 80% of MSRP for mine. That still looks to be a pretty good number to shoot for. Maybe a couple points more or less but that's at lease a ballpark.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with others. It's the bottom line that counts, no matter how they get there. If you're in love with the new truck or in love with your trade, your feelings are going to get hurt and you're in the wrong frame of mind. Be careful of add ons--paint protection, interior protection, fancy wheels, a lift, steps, etc etc etc. These are all money makers for the dealership. Bottom line is they are there to make money, and it's almost a given that they will have their hands in your pockets long before you think you have your hands in theirs!!!!!!
Jay

Last edited:

MXM34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never get caught up in the "rebate of the month" game. Give me the bottom line and I don't give a crap how you get there. OP, use the internet to find bottom line prices and go from there. Sites like Truecar are great. Also, Dennis Dillon in Idaho is great (use the "sale price" not "as low as" to compare).

Back in 2014 I paid about 80% of MSRP for mine. That still looks to be a pretty good number to shoot for. Maybe a couple points more or less but that's at lease a ballpark.

^^this. 20% or slightly more off MSRP and you've done well. Don't budge. Someone will sell it to you.

OP
OP
N

NOLA ItsNotOva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol I know I'm not getting that. The only two other discounts are both $500 each so only an additional $1k off.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Lol I know I'm not getting that. The only two other discounts are both $500 each so only an additional $1k off.

Some locations/dealers won't budge. Period.
There theory is "if you don't buy it, the next guy will".

I've found the larger dealers around me are like that. You show them numbers from another dealer, and their comment is " no way.. we can't buy it for that". Lol..ok