outdoorsman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveo2155

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is the outdoorsman trim still an option for 2017? If not, why the hell not and what replaced it or what would be a similar trim?

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I thought I heard they discontinued it for some reason. A Big Horn is probably the closest. I have a 2014 Outdoorsman and it's fairly nicely optioned - 8.4" radio/nav screen, power seat, good stereo, sliding rear window but no leather seats and no heated seats/steering wheel. The Big Horn (which is basically a well optioned SLT) seems to be the closest.

I really like mine because it has a lot of body color where the other trucks have chrome. I love the lines and shape of the Ram trucks but on most of them I'm turned off by the excessive amount of chrome.

angryneutron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Other advantages of the outdoorsman - LSD and 3.92 rear end standard.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Yea I have a 2015, think 2016 was the last year they offered it with the Rebel coming into it's own

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I went from a 2015 Outdoorsman to a 2017 Bighorn sport appearance. When I was looking, I wanted another outdoorsman because I love the matching grill and chrome bumper. I don't like the chrome grill. 2016 was the last year for the outdoorman. The only difference from the two is my bighorn has painted bumper. Everything inside is the same (Power folding mirrors, heated steering/seats, 7inch cluster display, 8.4 radio/nav and both even had/have 4:10 gears, rubber floor mats).

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the outdoorsman trim still an option for 2017? If not, why the hell not and what replaced it or what would be a similar trim?

I have a 2017 Outdoorsman so I know for sure it is still around.

As I understand it the 2017 Outdoorsman's are mostly two tone with the bottom color being black with black bumpers and some have black wheels too. They offer these in silver/black, dark gray/black and two different hues of blue/black. You can get an monotone Outdoorsman that is all one color but these seem harder to find. They have chrome bumpers and black wheels (at least mine does).

I think they can only be found in Canada as Ram.ca shows them but Ram.com only shows the Bighorn. Strange.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Two things that were different on the Outdoorsman vs the Big Horn was the transfer case and amount of chrome. Outdoorsman has the part time transfer case(44-45) and the trim inside and out was either black or matte silver. As mentioned the monotone version came with from and rear chrome bumpers, but the grill was body color w/black inserts.
Even though the the axle gearing is supposed to be standard of 3.92, there are many with the 5.7' bed that didn't.
Closest thing the Outdoorsman package here in the states is the Rebel