Owners Manual??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluestreak17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up my '17 big horn last week. When I was doing paperwork we went over the truck in and out with no issues. Next day I go back to pick it up after it was "prepped" and I had my 2 kids so being in a slight rush we switched plates and off I went. When I got home I realized he never put my manuals in the truck. When I emailed them the next day he says " I'll see what I can find kicking around". I have bought 6 rams and jeeps in the past 7 years and I have always had manuals and nice leather cases to hild everything. Is it a new thing to be on pdf file or should I be getting a manual book? TIA!

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should receive a manual book, mine was wrapped in plastic with a nice cover and a DVD, go back and demand you get the correct one, they should have no excuses about that.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
LOL, thinking back when my wife picked up her 2013 Equinox, the owners manual and other glove box documents came in a zip lock back, classy GM.

OP
OP
B

Bluestreak17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea Ive emailed them. The more I thought about it the more ridiculous it sounded to me to not get one with a truck that costs this much.

71_340

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi eTorque
Like others said, you should get an owners manual (partial version), a DVD and some other documentation with your truck. If you have a back up camera you should also get a plastic cover for the wiring pigtail when you remove the tailgate.

What a lot of people don't know is that you can download a full version owners manual and Uconnect manual of the Ram site. You can also request from them to send you hard copies. I did via their online chat and just received it via UPS. Owner's manual has over 700 pages, Uconnect manual has about 180 pages.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
When I bought y 2014 I was told Chrysler/Ram no longer gave out printed manuals to save money. I think I may have gotten a CD but just downloaded it to my computer which has turned out to be far more convenient than thumbing through an old thick manual.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
They are just trying to BS you saying they'll "see whats around". LOL. They want you to go away. The physical manual is actually very nice and not made of cheap colorless paper like most manufactures do. There are also various other little documents and information cards that come in the packet. Each packet is set to a specific vehicle and that is that. They don't grab whatever is lying around. When reselling a vehicle, you want to have everything it should have came with when new. Tell them that. And if the dealer still complains then tell them that is unacceptable and you will give them a poor feedback score when Chrysler emails you the survey. If that doesnt straight them out they really dont give a **** because anything less than an excellent overall rating FCA considers a failure lol.

lakingslayer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Received my new '17 RAM almost 3 weeks ago and in the center console was the manual and other misc. info including a disc. All wrapped in plastic along with the leather pouch for storing it. You should have all of that.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol... it definitely comes with a legit manual and a DVD in a leather holder. Just go back up to the dealer and tell them it wasn't in the truck and they will give you one.

Emailing salespeople after you have already made a purchase is almost worthless. They are busy working on their next sale. Just go there and talk to a manager.

metalmancpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They didn't have one when I got my 2014 Ram 1500 a couple of months ago. You can get it online easy through Mopar.com. I downloaded pdf and have it on my phone. Easier than a book IMO anyways.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you're the first registered owner you can phone one of these numbers and get the 700 page printed manual plus the Navigation/Uconnect manuals and the Warrenty booklet sent to you free.

Canada 1-800-387-1143

US 1-800-423-6343

Even if your truck is a few years old,as long as you're the first owner you can still get the manuals .My buddy just got them for his 2011 a couple months ago.
The phone numbers are actually on the back of the DVD that should come with the truck.You have to look close to see them,as they're down at the bottom of the DVD in small numbers

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956