Owner's Manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sweetee

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I promised I'd update this thread and here goes! Three days ago I got an email telling me a UPS was delivering a package. Two days ago I received two packages via UPS. I thought at first that one was the owner's manual and the other was the UCONNECT and Warranty Handbook. When I opened them, FCA saw fit to ship two complete sets. Each package had an owner's manual, Warranty Booklet and UCONNECT Handbook! Also, I got an email from RAM CARES asking me to complete a customer satisfaction survey. I spoke very highly of the young lady on the phone who tried to help, but was not able to help because FCA didn't have any owner's manuals because that is what her supervisor told her to say. I told them that I appreciated receiving both copies so that I can have one in the truck and the other on my night stand for future reference! I'm glad the quality control on my truck is better than the policies and procedures for getting an owner's manual! All is well! Thanks FCA!!! :)

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Good to hear they took care of you! And you can not beat the price lol

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I find all of this suspicious.

I used to work at BMW and all of the cars were shipped with the manual sealed in a plastic bag taped up inside the car.

OP
OP
Sweetee

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I find all of this suspicious.

I used to work at BMW and all of the cars were shipped with the manual sealed in a plastic bag taped up inside the car.

FCA hasn't supplied a complete owner's manual for over 10 years, maybe more. What they supply with a new vehicle is a "slick" handbook that covers most of the features in an abbreviated manner. They also supply a cd/dvd that covers much of what is in the handbook. You can download the complete owner's manual, but if you have it on your computer and don't have the computer with you, it doesn't do you much good. For the past 10 years, I was always able to call FCA, request an owner's manual and get it shipped at no cost. This last time, it turned into a true "soap opera." Different manufacturers may have different policies. Again, I can certainly understand why they don't supply a complete owner's manual with every vehicle because the vast majority of new car buyers never unwrap it and use it in the first place. Here is the future! :)http://www.autonews.com/article/20160404/OEM06/304049989/printed-owners-manual-about-to-be-scrapped?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on your successful transaction. I would like to make a suggestion on where you should put your second copy of the items you received--instead of on your night stand, why not in a much smaller room, probably attached to your bedroom, where from time to time, we all need interesting reading material!!!! :naughty::naughty:
Jay

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if it's a Canadian law...

My 2017 came with the full manual in a fancy hand stitched leather case. My wife's Kia also came with a full 600 page manual.

I don't think you can get a new car here without the manual being included.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I bought my RAM it came with a full paperback manual in a fancy leather stitched case as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiteannerdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got a full paperback with my 2016 along with the CD. Never looked at the CD. Almost never use the paper copy. I downloaded Adobe Acrobat for my iPhone and I store the digital copy inside that app. Ever need anything I can just type in what I need. Sure is handy.

69fcfbd98d6a5538f87404caf1da9144.jpg

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I promised I'd update this thread and here goes! Three days ago I got an email telling me a UPS was delivering a package. Two days ago I received two packages via UPS. I thought at first that one was the owner's manual and the other was the UCONNECT and Warranty Handbook. When I opened them, FCA saw fit to ship two complete sets. Each package had an owner's manual, Warranty Booklet and UCONNECT Handbook! Also, I got an email from RAM CARES asking me to complete a customer satisfaction survey. I spoke very highly of the young lady on the phone who tried to help, but was not able to help because FCA didn't have any owner's manuals because that is what her supervisor told her to say. I told them that I appreciated receiving both copies so that I can have one in the truck and the other on my night stand for future reference! I'm glad the quality control on my truck is better than the policies and procedures for getting an owner's manual! All is well! Thanks FCA!!! :)

Could you please post a pic of what they sent you?

Maybe we don’t have the same thing that you just received.

OP
OP
Sweetee

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Could you please post a pic of what they sent you?

Maybe we don’t have the same thing that you just received.

I'm not very good with uploading pix, but lets try! :roflsquared:

Attachments

• 20171027_083240.jpg
    20171027_083240.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 33

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you look close on the backside of the DVD you get ,down in the bottom in small print there's 2 phone numbers listed to phone for the manuals.

Canucks phone this one 1-800-387-1143

Yanks phone this one 1-800-423-6343

I've never had any issues getting the owners manuals by phoning one of these numbers,all you need is the last 8 digits of your VIN.

As long as you're the first registered owner of the vehicle you shouldn't have any trouble .My buddy got them for his 2011 a few months ago,with no issues.

OP
OP
Sweetee

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If you look close on the backside of the DVD you get ,down in the bottom in small print there's 2 phone numbers listed to phone for the manuals.

Canucks phone this one 1-800-387-1143

Yanks phone this one 1-800-423-6343

I've never had any issues getting the owners manuals by phoning one of these numbers,all you need is the last 8 digits of your VIN.

As long as you're the first registered owner of the vehicle you shouldn't have any trouble .My buddy got them for his 2011 a few months ago,with no issues.

Has always been my experience, but this time I was told they didn't have any because a 2017 was too new of a model. None-the-less, when I complained, they then sent two of everything! :favorites13:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not very good with uploading pix, but lets try! :roflsquared:

Thanks, wow I didn’t even know those books existed, I have some “user guide”. Guess I’ll have to try and fight and get one like you did....ugh

OP
OP
Sweetee

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You can download a copy on your phone and save it. That’s what I did

That you can do, but 700+ pages takes up memory that I'd rather devote to photos, music, etc. To each his/her own!

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That you can do, but 700+ pages takes up memory that I'd rather devote to photos, music, etc. To each his/her own!

7mb. That's one song, or two lower quality songs.

jschwanke84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Weird... my 2016 came with both the CD and a nice paperback manual packaged in a leather case. Feel like this could be a dealer issue. They should have them and supply them. It was given to me when I was signing the papers, not just sitting in the glove box already.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for sharing. I didn't know there was a 'larger' version of the manual. I'll have to download ..see how much more info is in it. I read through all the literature that came with my truck (word for word) ...and was thinking at the time it seemed pretty abbreviated ...compared to some other vehicles' manuals.

I think if you look at manuals over the years, in the 60', 70's and 80's they used to be general overview 'booklets' ...then in the mid to late 90's they started growing in size. In the late 90's and into the 00's they started splitting the manuals into different sections (radio, towing), and so on. As vehicles acquired more options and features, especially technology-related features, the manuals started becoming larger and larger, which I suspect probably turned a lot of people off. If you look at one that came in one of my older Cadillac's it was almost 2" thick, and even a Jetta I own has a 2" thick manual, no kidding. It's poorly organized (like 5 different groups wrote independent sections), and hard to find basic information when you need it ...and usually the information I'm looking for would normally be in the typical 'booklet' you get. It's really too large to fit into the glove box and still leave room for other items, so sometimes it isn't avail when I want it. Now FCA has split them into a download version and just supplied the 'general' book like has traditionally been the case. When you look at the manual that came with my laptop (none) or my last couple phones (none), I guess having the booklet with the basic information housed in a leather-like pouch is still pretty nice. It gets the job done most of the time. But I can't wait to see what's in the more comprehensive owners manual.

Like others have pointed out, if they supplied the larger manual most owners wouldn't look at it anyway, and the $20 cost per manual would be spread across all owners' vehicles.

Last edited: