P0133 & P0153 oxygen sensor codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADHEMI1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 HEMI
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I was hoping maybe someone has had this issue before and found the solution. P0133 is bank 1 sensor 1 & P0153 is bank 2 sensor 1. So both front oxygen sensors detected issue's. I've already replaced both front 02's with OEM parts. Code returns with in 50miles. Truck is a 2011 1500 hemi 26,000 miles with these modifications. Air intake, ARH long tube header W/cats, exhaust that's it. I checked for exhaust leaks also check the 02 sensor harness everything looks okay. Any ideas and thanks for your help!

cdyt7717

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I've read on forums seems to most likely be a small exhaust leak. I Installed LT headers and high flow cats and got a list of codes Im working through now, from cat inefficiency, to fuel trim lean and these two codes. You may need to pressurize the exhaust system and check for leaks that way

cdyt7717

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Copied from a Ford forum, probably still relavent though

"I had the same problem. Since the banks are further away from the engine with LTs it was taking too long for them to warm up and going into open loop before they could warm up properly. My tuner extended the loop time and I havent had a problem since. Funny thing is it ran ok for a while with the LTs and then one day kapoot. Hope this helps"