P.I.T.A Repairs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Need to vent.

Last week I went into my service department at the dealer to schedule an appointment to take care of a couple recalls and a few other recently discovered issues on my truck.

1. Recall notice about some control module or something that might make my blinkers stop working.

2. A second recall, but I can't find the notice.

3. Media option on my 8.4an stereo system only works if I put the stereo in Radio mode before I turn off the vehicle every time.

4. I have a two-tone paint job, the lower portion of the trim is painted silver. The trim pieces along the wheel-well are warped and don't sit flush to the body. This is occurring on all four wheel-wells.

5. The plastic grip piece on the step bar of the driver's side is splitting.

So appearently, the first recall is an easy fix.

The second might be the rear pinion nut (or something) and can't be repaired because Chrysler hasn't sent out the parts to fix the recall.

The third problem, I'm told, needs an update. I told him I had already done the update and he told me it's a flash update. Is that any different than the one discussed in the stereo forum area?

The forth problem seems like it'll be my biggest fight. The guy told me that Chrysler is going to have to get involved and pictures will need to be taken to determine if Chrysler will be willing to fix the problem or if I have to deal with it. If Chrysler decided to fix it, I have to wait for them to order new trim, then they have to send the truck in to a body shop to have the work done.

The final problem, is repairable but I'll have to again wait for the new part to be ordered, then have them install the new one.

One other problem I forgot to mention is the tire pressure monitor is saying my tires are low, but I just had the air checked, and the air is right where is needs to be. 39 PSI. I forgot to mention that to the service guy, but this might be a good way to judge their integrity and see if they'll attempt to fix this problem without me having to mention it.

I suppose the problems could be much worse and I'm happy they're not worse. I'm just frustrated that I've only had the truck for 7 months and I already have these issues. On top of that when I went in last week I was told to talk to a certain person. That person was too busy to care, so he sent me to another guy to set up an appointment. I set it up for this morning and I was to talk to the original busy guy. When I show up this morning the guy was again really busy, but did eventually lend me his time. After checking the computer, there was no appointment listed for me or the vehicle. He promptly got me in and reviewed all of my concerns. They'll have the vehicle all day today, but I have a bad feeling all that will be fixed is the first recall.

We'll see!

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
Sounds like I'd find a new dealer if your getting the runaround. I'm not sure how it is with Chrysler but with ford, all warranty claims pertaining to body/interior trim had to have digital photos and a field agent come look to make sure the issue wasn't customer related. Of course all of that takes time leaving the customer with a bitter taste in their mouth. I feel your pain though as I'm extremely OCD with my vehicles. Keep in touch with the outcome.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Which dealership are you going to? Mellow or Miller?
I'm taking my truck to Miller Friday for my first visit.

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it just me, or has the number of problems grown exponentially with the 2013 Model? I don't remember seeing this many problem posts when I joined here after buying the 2012.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Well, it's 6 PM here now and the dealership is closed. I haven't received a phone call and my attempt to call the service rep went to voice mail without a return call. This ****** me off, because he told me all day. To me that means, I'd get is back today. At a minimum, I deserve a phone call. I'm out my vehicle for tomorrow!

I don't have a loaner, my wife uses hers all day. I have my police unit, but I should have to rely on using that to get things done and I'm certainly not going to use that to pick up my 3 year old and 9 month old!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, it's 6 PM here now and the dealership is closed. I haven't received a phone call and my attempt to call the service rep went to voice mail without a return call. This ****** me off, because he told me all day. To me that means, I'd get is back today. At a minimum, I deserve a phone call. I'm out my vehicle for tomorrow!

I don't have a loaner, my wife uses hers all day. I have my police unit, but I should have to rely on using that to get things done and I'm certainly not going to use that to pick up my 3 year old and 9 month old!

Sounds like the quality service I received at Melloy...:fc5716bd:

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Its ok. I bought it from the fkeet manager who has always taken care of me. I'm just letting them dig themselves into a hole.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sound like you need to light that dealer up with Chrysler that is not okay. Remember that each dealer has to define who they are and I assure you Chrysler expects them to be nothing but the best so you have to let them know when they are not. I have been very happy with Chrysler they have warranted stuff that they did not have to and some multiple times. Dealers always seem to **** me off but Chrysler has yet to.

$miley

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Sound like you need to light that dealer up with Chrysler that is not okay. Remember that each dealer has to define who they are and I assure you Chrysler expects them to be nothing but the best so you have to let them know when they are not. I have been very happy with Chrysler they have warranted stuff that they did not have to and some multiple times. Dealers always seem to **** me off but Chrysler has yet to.

$miley

How could I go about doing that. I'm ready to light them up for sure. I'm at work now, I have class in 3 hours then I have to I pick up my kids. I refuse to use my police car as a vehicle to transport my kids, so either they hook me up with a rental or they get my truck fixed. I really dont want to take my unit to class either, but I will if I have to.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How could I go about doing that. I'm ready to light them up for sure. I'm at work now, I have class in 3 hours then I have to I pick up my kids. I refuse to use my police car as a vehicle to transport my kids, so either they hook me up with a rental or they get my truck fixed. I really dont want to take my unit to class either, but I will if I have to.

You're lucky you have a backup vehicle! Once mine is at the dealer, I'm on foot or bummin rides! Wouldn't expect this issue with a month old truck...

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Well, despite the poor communication, they seem to have fixed it all except for the side step rails. Those will be ordered and replaced later. The stereo problem seems to have been fixed, but I think it still has a small glitch reference the same problem I had before, I'll check it out more later. The tire pressure thing is fixed as well. Apparently there are several computer updates the 2013's need. The updates seem ti have fixed it all so far.

OP
OP
ramflava

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
The wheel fender flares where removed and reattached will new 2 sided tape. That's a cheap way of attaching thise things. I can already see it doing it again so this may be an ongoing issue.