Paint Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a few bubbles show up in my paint on my driver's side front fender near the Hemi emblem. Dealer got approval from Chrysler to fix it under warrantee, so they sent it out to their body shop. They sanded the spot, recleared it, and polished it. It looked perfect when I got it back, but the bubbles started coming back after a week or so.

Now its back in the shop getting a new fender from Chrysler. Dealer has been great about it, and I'm driving a loaner until its done.

Anyone else having paint problems?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man that sucks. Aside from a few specks of dirt in the clear coat *knock on wood* mine is fine. And thankfully so as mine is black. Seems to be a lot of 14s with this problem...

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Yepp. Black has issues for some reason I got new paint on the roof. Another member is fight chrysler on paint issue but different than what we have. It's solvent pop ( probably caused by a dirty hand or glove during the tack down process.)most likely yours is down on the metal like mine was. The body shop buffed mine but quickly realized is was all the way down and stripped the entire roof. Seems to be pretty common unfortuneitly.

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have some specks of dirt under mine that is in the chrysler approval process now. Ready to get it fixed.

OP
OP
NYCruiser

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully this is the only spot on my truck that this happens and its over.