Passenger side of truck sits 1" higher than drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxinVegas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
As the title says the passenger side of my truck is 1" higher than the drivers side. I measured off the inside of fenders. I had a minor accident with a traffic sign blowing through the freeway in the first 2k miles. It blew out the front drivers side tire and destroyed my hood and front bumper. Structurally when being fixed they didn't notice anything. I am now at 7k miles and just noticed today as I was looking to install a leveling kit. I brought it to the repair shop and they said the only thing measuring off was the front drivers side spring was 1/2 smaller than the passenger. At first they tried to tell me it came from the factory that way and after I insisted no way in hell they said it probably happened during the blowout. Does it seem possible in a blow out to bend a coil spring? Can you guys think of anything else that would be causing this? The truck drives straight and had the frame checked after the accident. Any advice would be awesome.

Thank you.

Red 2012 Crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I can't see how hitting a sign could bend a spring. I guess it must have come from the factory that way. How big of a sign did you hit if you had to have the frame checked?

OP
OP
M

MaxinVegas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It was a 4 foot construction sign with base. It blew across the freeway while I was going 70mph. I also do currently have a full fuel tank. I don't think the impact of the sign was that significant it just did mainly body damage and because of the blowout they checked the frame.

Red 2012 Crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hmmm. I've never put a tape on mine truck to check the difference between a full and empty tank. Stupid question but you don't have a tool box or anything else in your bed do you?

OP
OP
M

MaxinVegas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I do have a tool box and tools in the back of my truck but the weight seems to be even if not stacked towards the higher side. I guess it's possible from the factory it came slightly off. It drives perfectly fine and doesn't pull away from straight. An inch seems pretty big though and now that I notice it, it is impossible to look at the truck without being bugged.

my09hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my '09 driver's side is off, when I took the springs out to add the airbags, driver's side coil was shorter than passenger. but soon all will come out and add hd springs.