Pennzoil at all Ram dealers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stygz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just had my ram in for its first oil change at 5k miles. Olm was at 50 percent but wanted to do the first one early. I asked the service writer what they use and she stated it was a synthetic blend. i asked if it was pennzoil and she called and confirmed it was. Does all ram/Chrysler dealers use pennzoil per a contract? I saw they had advertising for platinum also. I did appreciate the free oil changes through ram!

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let's put it this way, they are supposed to. But who knows what they have in their bulk barrels. That's why I take my own oil and filter, that way I know what's in there.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, FCA has directed them to use Pennzoil semi-synthetic, but whether all dealers follow the direction or not, I dunno. They can also fill with Pennzoil full synthetic if the customer wants it (extra charge)

*Phythesis*

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine
Yes...Pennz has the national contractor to supply the oil to FCA straight across the board,,,All brands...:0)

OP
OP
S

stygz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok. I had read good things about the semi synthetic on bob is the oil guy. I guess that can be said for regular as well as platinum as well

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, Pennzoil is a good oil, I'm running Pennzoil Platinum in my Ram and my wife's Grand Caravan with no issues. As far as the best oil that is a rabbit hole you don't wanna go down. Everyone has their own opinion as to what is best. I just know that Pennzoil has served me well.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Your asking the wrong people, try asking your dealer and don't tell them you are looking for Penzoil. Just ask, what oils does your shop use?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956