Perform Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tracerex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Today out of nowhere I got a message on the center speedo screen "Perform Maintenance". Pretty vague.... anyone know what this is refring to?

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I suspect that the truck has covered the needed miles to remind you to "perform maintenance". What is your history? How long since last serviced? Was the reminder reset the last service? Vehicles today use many parameters for determining when oil needs changing as well as other services. You may have your own ideas, but the truck KNOWS when you need it done and if you DIY and don't reset anything after doing a job you're going to get "reminded".

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I agree with patchelect...your truck wants a service.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
When was the last oil change?

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Today out of nowhere I got a message on the center speedo screen "Perform Maintenance". Pretty vague.... anyone know what this is refring to?
Diesels last a long time, but the new ones are whiny biatches about oil changes and smog control issues.

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it's a diesel it's probably telling you to get your egr service and rank case filter