Popular mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tres007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and I was hoping to know what you guys have done to improve the ride, power, fuel economy or anything of your 4th gen ram. I've got a brand new 2016 ram 1500 I purchased back in august.

I previously had a 2009 ram 1500 so I'm familiar with some 4th gen mods like the cabin air filter mod.

Other than that, what have y'all done, or whats a popular mod to improve anything in the truck? Only thing ive done so far is add nfab steps and KO2 tires.

Changes I'm planning to do is add perforated leather to my lone star that currently has heated seats and add the ventilated function. I also want to try and find a set of sport rims, a sport Delmonico red grille and add some Laramie/sport headlights.

Not sure how hard any of the above is, but I know its been done before. Hopefully I can get some help on here. Well, if yall have any mods I should add to the list, please let me know!

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
look at moe's performance for tunes im sure they'll comment on here soon.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Congrats on the new truck. How about some pics? Hit up Retro shop in the preferred vendor section for the headlights. Beyond that sounds like nice list.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Welcome! Here's my top 5 mods

1. Window tint
2. Dee Zee tailgate assist
3. Lights (I added a 40" light bar, HID low beams, and LED fogs/highs.
4. Bedlights (if you don't already have them)
5. Exhaust

My question is why wouldn't you buy a sport? That way you'd have the lights, wheels and seats from the factory. You probably would spend close to the same money by adding all this stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hemiluv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummons 6.7 Turbo Charged
1. Wheel well flares
2. Cold air intake
3. Side steps
4. Lifting or leveling
5. Headlight upgrade
6. Train horn
7. Grill replacement
8. Light bar top or bumper
9. Camera front and or rear view
10. Bed liner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tres007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7

1. Window tint
5. Exhaust

My question is why wouldn't you buy a sport? That way you'd have the lights, wheels and seats from the factory. You probably would spend close to the same money by adding all this stuff.

Forgot to add window tint! I want the uv tint all the way around, and just looked up that tailgate assist, gotta get me one of those, its pretty cheap!

I have the factory bedlights, and per another persons suggestion, my bed is coated with linex.

Now, the reason why I didn't get a sport is easy. Finding a crew cab 6'4" bed was hard enough, but when Chrysler has a manufactures rebate of like a crazy 12-16k, I think it was something like that, I had to do it. It only applied to a Lone star, Crew Cab, 4x4 6'4 with premium options. It was basically one of those deals where you walk into the dealer and they don't have any. Countless dealers told me it was special order... but I found one dealership in texas that had them, the same dealer that sold me my last ram 1500. They had 2 left and sold the exact one I wanted the day before... the exact truck I have with an ecodiesel engine. When you drive off the lot with a 55k msrp truck under 34k... you cant complain lol, also I was hunting for a canyon brown interior which is not available in a sport. So, I was looking for a pretty rare spec, a cc 6'4" with the canyon brown interior.

OP
OP
T

Tres007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
So nothing performance wise? All aesthetics?

Well, I wouldn't want anything that would void my warranty. I feel like my hemi has plenty of power, even when towing my jeep which is north of 5 thousand pounds... approaching 6 when loaded up for a weekend of trail riding plus the trailer.

As far as exhaust, believe it or not, as a 20 year old I appreciate the quietness of the cabin, but don't get me wrong, I do love the stock grunt and rumble it has from out back.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was stoked to find my loaded sport crew cab with the 6'4 bed.

Window tint
Some hids
Drive it and enjoy it. Sometimes less is more.

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
http://www.ramforum.com/f38/best_mods_under_$100-85823/

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Moes performance and hemi fever are great places for mods. Don't waste your money on msd coil packs if you want more spark (stock voltage). Granetelli makes great coils they are pricey though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Chisox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See my sig below :

My favorite one is the seatbelt chime delete!

Good luck and get a second job :)

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

1. Window tint
5. Exhaust

Probably some of the same reasons I went with a Big Horn over a Sport. The Big Horn I ended up buying had some of the options a Sport didn't have at the same price. I got my Big Horn with the 3.92s, LSD, Heated Steering Wheel, Tow Package, and Sunroof. The Sport I was looking at for the same price didn't have the sunroof, and had 3.21 gears. I figured the only thing the Sport had that I really wanted were the nicer headlights, and the Leather but the options the Big Horn had were more immediate needs for me. Leather can be had much cheaper than factory leather.

Plus I kind of like an option package that leaves me with a little wiggle room for creativity. Guessing that might be some of the OP's reasoning as well.

Last edited: